Tp-7

Really daft, and I suppose the op-z bending was also intended?
But I’m afraid Polyend beats this; on the new Play+ users have noticed that the screen is loose in its mounting/casing. Apparently this ‘design’ was intended to make the screen longer-lasting! Ya, I believe you Polyend.

1 Like

its coming soon i think. some of the units shipped with a diff commit code beyond 1.0.8 (perhaps by accident id imagine)

can i bug you to expound on all the ways you see the tp-7 in having potential and evolving? im curious to hear and get inspiration for all the clever ways it can be used.

I’ve no idea if this is possible but sync playback/looping/recording whatever you wanna call it just gotta be a sync is number 1!!! Having to set a db threshold to start recording would be amazing. Adding fades somehow to the ends of the loops I hate the loud clicking noises at the end of each loop. And on top of all this some effects would be great too but I doubt they’re that hipster to make tape effects for the Tp-7 :joy_cat:. All things considered I really love the Tp-7 but it can be so much easier to record. I love the 6 tracks I get with the Tx-6. I have the whole field kit and I love it.

1 Like

one main feature would be to record the scratching to tape… messing with the wheel would be recorded into the tracks…

2 Likes

@instantjuggler thats a great idea. would be super cool.

@Laen wait you can create loops on the tp-7?? how is this done?

You can switch playback settings between resume, stop, or repeat. Repeat is “okay”, but not a true looping mode.

1 Like

i guess another feature everyone would want is direct multitrack recording straight from usb out of op-1f of all 4 of its tape tracks at once?

then, some of the workflow of creating and manipulating loops from OB-4 would also be an obvious direction to go in since the spinning of the wheel on the TP-7 is the same as the dial on the OB-4. defining loop points, scrubbing a section of tape with the loop section, manipulating speed on top of that.

4 Likes

Seriously. I’m sure it’s possible but hope it doesn’t take 10yrs like the og getting audio over usb. I still check the updates page regularly for this very update and some tp-7 functionality tied to it.

1 Like

Just got my 2nd TP-7 ,(I returned the first as it was faulty - the spinning disk was being recorded as a sound in Rec mode) - my fingers are crossed as all seems good so far :pray:

Nice! Can you confirm there’s no difference in noise level at all between recordings using the internal microphone and having the spinning disc on and off when in record mode (best recorded in a very quiet space)? Thank you!

I can confirm the test has been done in a quiet room - via the internal mic , and result is , that you can pick-up / hear the motor slightly when recording - I played it back without the motor running to be sure , when I recorded via the internal mic with no motor running - it was silent.
It is worth noting that I am reminded of an old tape recorder when the motor is in the background, not an unpleasant effect it has to be said - but that is just a personal thought not scientific.

Hope that helps.

Note: The previous one I had made a ‘clicking’ sound when the motor rotated- that wasn’t pleasant at all - in fact it was very annoying!

2 Likes

Huge help. Thank you!

2 Likes

My TP-7 arrived …at last. I cannot download any recordings that I made on it. The ‘Field Kit’ app running on my Mac reports "The application “field kit” does not have permission to open “TP-7 MTP Device - F1RUG163.” Any suggestions? Thanks.

Check what version of Mac OS you have, mine wouldn’t run till I updated to the Latest OS - :man_shrugging:

I’m currently running MacOS 12.7.2 and all my other apps work just fine. Latest is MacOS 14.4 …which I know is ‘too new’ to work with several of my other apps - I can’t upgrade to that just to get the TP-7 to work.

I have found that the connection is often very fiddly, requiring multiple reboots and power cycles on each device.

This is running 14.something on a M2 MacBook Air.

It eventually does work for me, but is not very reliable.

I also had to be sure that I uninstalled any other MTP software, like Android File Transfer.

1 Like

Well …it has taken all day…but I’ve now got my TP-7 ‘readable’ and ‘writable’ from my MacOS Macbook Pro. I upgraded the OS to the latest (14.4) but then had a different error message about the TP-7 being busy / unavailable. After much research I discoverd that I had a ‘Android File Transfer Agent’ loaded automatically at login which was causing the TE Field Kit some problems. The Andriod File Transfer agent took some effort to remove - I had to do some ‘hardcore admin’ stuff to get rid of it. It turns out that the Android app was installed many years ago with a Wacom tablet. Anyway …it’s all cleared out now and I can drag and drop WAV files to the TP-7. Not how I wanted to spend my Sunday … but glad to have fixed it now.

1 Like

@essdeez mine is dead quiet. bit of context to my earlier posts:

i kinda couldn’t give up on the tp-7 after i returned my first one, due to not being happy with the very quiet but (nonetheless) audible motor noise in internal mic rec. so in a last ditch effort, i ordered 2 others (yes i am nuts) and one of the two had a dead quiet motor. not so much as an effing whisper. dead quiet. i returned the other one and kept the quiet one.

however, i understand that this will undoubtably change over time with normal use, and that is perfectly normal. so far its dead quiet, but once i start using it in a dj rig or just tons of interviews, it will start to make subtle noise im sure. ive spoken to te support and they said it is indeed normal to have a very quiet yet audible sound in the rotating motor.

I’m more than likely gonna grab a tp-7 since i have the rest of the field kit. Maybe this is a silly question, but I mainly want to be able to pull this thing out of my pocket when an idea pops in my head… Are people just tossing it in a loose pocket or any case recommendations? What’s the experience regarding having it on you at all times for people who have one?

1 Like