What is your OP-Z battery usage?

Is anybody wondering, how it took them this long to figure out that it only has 6 hours of battery life?
I mean people have been beta testing this thing for a while, so this should have been known and changed a long time ago, or am I wrong?

And if it hasn’t been noticed during beta testing… TE please send me a beta device next time…I’ll do your QA for free! :slight_smile:

such a good point.

Mines around 4 hours using it pretty constantly , guess I’ll need to purchase a big power bank. I’m loving this thing, but battery is very poor by today’s standards. Is it use replaceable ? Haven’t had the back off yet.

@RisingSon said:
Is anybody wondering, how it took them this long to figure out that it only has 6 hours of battery life?
I mean people have been beta testing this thing for a while, so this should have been known and changed a long time ago, or am I wrong?

And if it hasn’t been noticed during beta testing… TE please send me a beta device next time…I’ll do your QA for free! :slight_smile:

I may add to that , that how is it possible for cucoo ( ? ) to make an 90 min video on it , the longest that was made, and NOT mention the battery life???..there is no way he couldnt have seen it…and any answer to the effect that its a testing unit etc etc will not do. He simply had to say the unit I HAVE NOW lasts 5 hours

@stepanok said:

@RisingSon said:

I may add to that , that how is it possible for cucoo ( ? ) to make an 90 min video on it , the longest that was made, and NOT mention the battery life???..there is no way he couldnt have seen it…and any answer to the effect that its a testing unit etc etc will not do. He simply had to say the unit I HAVE NOW lasts 5 hours

TE probably asked him not to mention it and told him the battery was the way it was because it was a beta unit

@Andrew said:
Can I just check -Is the battery draining in 4 hours when it’s connected to a screen or 4 hours solo?

I’ve no idea how many hours I’m getting. Plenty though.

I think it uses more battery when it’s using BT, but that may just be because I can see the battery indicator, so I’m more conscious of it.

@TheMediocritist
Thanks for that. Sounds like all battery fear has calmed down a bit. It is what it is right?

@MirEko said:

@stepanok said:

@RisingSon said:

TE probably asked him not to mention it and told him the battery was the way it was because it was a beta unit

That could be the case…

I’m still feeling a bit chaffed over this… I understand that they had the ‘SPECS SUBJECT TO CHANGE’ disclaimer, but you’d think that would mean they’d be more vague about things if they expected changes…

Advertising that talk about ‘4 times across the Atlantic’ only to change that info to ‘6 hour battery life’ after it’s already shipping just feels super dishonest to me, and frankly kind of sleazy.

It seems TE doesn’t regard us customers very highly.

1 Like

@Sully500 said:
I’m still feeling a bit chaffed over this… I understand that they had the ‘SPECS SUBJECT TO CHANGE’ disclaimer, but you’d think that would mean they’d be more vague about things if they expected changes…

Advertising that talk about ‘4 times across the Atlantic’ only to change that info to ‘6 hour battery life’ after it’s already shipping just feels super dishonest to me, and frankly kind of sleazy.

It seems TE doesn’t regard us customers very highly.

Its the other way around. The costumers dont regard THEMSELVES very highly and TE can just about do anything it wants. People just worship the opz no matter what. Imagine if 80% of the people who git it sentvit back for a refund because of this " dishonesty " . Unfortunately this is a lesson TE will never learn.

Man I understand how you can be disappointed, and how badly TE dealt with the OP-Z communication. But we should quit the moaning and we have to embrace this device. It reminds me of the same issue in Sony s first mirrorless cameras, with great features but poor battery life. How did I cope ? I just fking brought more batteries, and still felt it was an amazing device. Same goes for OP-Z. Of course TE could have offered a spare battery and a charger, or a powerbank, it would have made sense imho. I m still eager to receive my 2 units :smiley:

@jazzmess said:
Man I understand how you can be disappointed, and how badly TE dealt with the OP-Z communication. But we should quit the moaning and we have to embrace this device. It reminds me of the same issue in Sony s first mirrorless cameras, with great features but poor battery life. How did I cope ? I just fking brought more batteries, and still felt it was an amazing device. Same goes for OP-Z. Of course TE could have offered a spare battery and a charger, or a powerbank, it would have made sense imho. I m still eager to receive my 2 units :smiley:

^YES

^Yes.
I think 6 hours is great, and it charges so fast anyway. I expect a spare battery will be available soon. Then everyone can moan about how much it costs ;).

I’m super pleased with my OP-Z.

SO I too am experiencing less than 24 hours worth of battery life. I think maybe I got about 6 hours of time +/- sitting while I moved around and did some things. I hope nothing is wrong, and I hope it’s like the OP-1 where the battery can be recalibrated.

@boe_dye said:
SO I too am experiencing less than 24 hours worth of battery life. I think maybe I got about 6 hours of time +/- sitting while I moved around and did some things. I hope nothing is wrong, and I hope it’s like the OP-1 where the battery can be recalibrated.

Nothing is wrong, that’s how long the battery is supposed to last, most likely that’s how long it was always supposed to last. They simply lied to add a phony selling point…

I know I’m being a whiner right now, I realize that. And maybe I’m viewing all this from the wrong angle…

It just feels like we’ve all been duped to me, and I hate when these big faceless companies get away with this stuff…

How can you call them faceless? I just see the face of Mr @ONE with his cool yellow glasses.

@ludicrouSpeed said:
How can you call them faceless? I just see the face of Mr @ONE with his cool yellow glasses.

Oh is he the owner? Maybe they are smaller than I thought, that was just the impression I got from their flashy ad campaigns and stuff. I do think the op-z looks awesome and I’m stoked for it nonetheless… Just feelin conflicted I guess.

@Sully500 said:

@ludicrouSpeed said:

Oh is he the owner? Maybe they are smaller than I thought, that was just the impression I got from their flashy ad campaigns and stuff. I do think the op-z looks awesome and I’m stoked for it nonetheless… Just feelin conflicted I guess.

He might be a part owner? Not sure, but he is one of the main guys at TE. Don’t worry, I’m feeling conflicted too. But I love my op1 and looking forward to my opz pre order. The battery life is a bit of a worry, but what can you do. Life is ok in general.

@ludicrouSpeed said:

@Sully500 said:

@ludicrouSpeed said:

He might be a part owner? Not sure, but he is one of the main guys at TE. Don’t worry, I’m feeling conflicted too. But I love my op1 and looking forward to my opz pre order. The battery life is a bit of a worry, but what can you do. Life is ok in general.

True enough, worrying about such trivial things is a luxury I guess. Life aint bad in general.

@Sully500 said:

It just feels like we’ve all been duped to me, and I hate when these big faceless companies get away with this stuff…

TE is neither big nor faceless.