Which studio headphones are you using? (with your Op-1)

Iam using a high independence Dt770 pro they sound great but a little on the quite and bulky side plus think they may drain the battery quicker, wouldn’t mind in ear earphones for traveling tried a few around the house all sounded awful loads of hiss,

AKG k240 mk2 - nothing fancy but good workhorse cans. Very comfortable for long sessions. Natural, open and warm sound. Honest to what you are doing, very little hype.

I had the K240 studio which is essentially the same but they finally packed in (my fault, not theirs!) after 15 years of heavy, daily use. They look better than the new mk2 but then they are on my head most of the time so I don’t care.

hd-25

Iam using a high independence Dt770 pro they sound great but a little on the quite and bulky side plus think they may drain the battery quicker, wouldn't mind in ear earphones for traveling tried a few around the house all sounded awful loads of hiss,

Maybe try a Sennheiser PX 100-II : I really like mine, they are light + solid enough (more that they seem) to bring them everywhere, and sound good.

I have a pair of 7506 that stay in the studio and a pair of V6 that stay in my backpack. Have owned the 7506 for 19 years. I know them well, and am happy with using them for the bulk of mobile mixing, and as a 2nd reference in the studio.

But I’m interested in spending a couple hundred on a pair of open back headphones, though I really have no clue where to begin. I really like the sound of my Genelec 8030a, and hope there is a pair of open back headphones out there with similar response and clarity, with the same lack of fatigue.

I’m leaning toward the DT 860 open back because they look like what I need, on paper. Though I doubt they would be as durable as my 7506. Really just need something I can use at home or in the car for mobile production for monitor quality reproduction.

Something that will give me a more accurate mix balance quickly than what closed back cans give me.

Dt-990. The OP-1 output’s not powerful enough for the HD650s that I usually use with a Schiit Magni amp.

VMODA M100s

I’ve been relatively happy with my Aiaiai TMA-2’s. They’re acceptably flat, but not overly so.

Now I’m leaning toward the DT-880 Pro, as I prefer a coiled cable.

But I wonder if 250 Ω is sufficient from OP-1’s headphone output?

I don’t need to crank them, I just need to be able to make good mobile mixing decisions that I don’t have to correct in the studio later.

I use the Sony MDR-V6 cans in the studio, and like them.

CB

Mine are Sennheiser HD 380 Pro. Use it for years and I love it !

Sennheiser HD-25-1 MK11, or HD-650.

akg q701 with an aune headphone amp inbetween!