your favourite iphone apps to play with op-1 !! :)

tabletop is an app to look at too

strata189 Sector is truly amazing, have just downloaded it on my iPad. My other fav app is Musyc Pro mentioned here earlier. Both Sector and Musyc pack some kind of randomness and unexpectedness, while there is of course a way or two to actually create highly usable sequences and fills.

jooga1972 agreed! One thing that sets Sector apart from most glitch-based apps, is that the random pattern can be be overridden by the sequence - all, or part of the time.

Check out Xynthesizr. It has a Game of Life feature for generative sequences, tempo can be set extremely low for drone, good synth engine, etc. It can also sequence via MIDI output.

http://discchord.com/blog/2014/5/23/lets-play-with-xynthesizr.html

+1 on Xsynthesizr

+2 Xsynthesizr

+3 xynthesizer/ Im able to so quickly pump out amazingly beautiful sequences. the synths sound amazing. and then to top it off the randomize function is too easy!

TriqTraq is fun on the iPhone, as are Figure and iKaossilator. I tend to leave the bigger synths like Alchemy for the iPad myself.

+4 xynthesizer is totally brilliant. I send midi from it to animoog, Nave, mitosis and its so melodically elegent. The scaler and the generative stuff - incredible for an ios app. Anything as good as xynthesizer?

^ Can xynthesizer generate drum type sounds? Does the voice have a noise source?

Also, the Apple Store price tag shows a “+” sign, but the app description does not list any in-app purchases… Is that a mistake?

i think that + is just to indicate IPad and Iphone - as far as i know theres no IAP - i didnt have to do any

Because Samplr isn't universal, my next suggestion is Mitosynth.

the + definitely indicates a ‘universal’ app for iPhone and iPad.

@KrisM I always assumed it to mean tha IAP could apply on top of the base price… I guess it is a case of misleading Iconography.

But regarding my other question, I investigated a bit more and it seems Xynthesizer built-in sound engine is not mean to be used as a drum sequencer (there is apparently not a noise type wave). Even the sequencer screen is geared towards entering notes, not sound kits.

I used to think that, too, it’s definitely very counter-intuitive.

Xynthesizr used to be a free app with IAPs for MIDI output and user presets (or something like that). Then the developer changed his mind and made it a paid app. However, anyone who had downloaded the app when it was free, got the IAPs for free too, after the price was raised from free to $3 or whatever it is now - nice gesture on his part.

I agree it’s not designed to be a drum machine. It’s so cheap though you could just use a drum app with it via MIDI sync or whatever.

Turnado is pretty dope combined with the output of the OP-1

+1 on Turnado way deep fx. Makes me think I need new glasses tho. Lol

Yeah, I love the concept but on the iPad Turnado is a bit fiddly to use I find.

Jasuto pro modular.