12: THE COLLAB PROJECT

So guys, here's the list with the remaining participants:

6 Flybry
7 Mixrasta
8 TiboDzo

Did I forget someone? Anyone interested in joining? There are still 4 slots to fill! @borden? :slight_smile:

I was just thinkingā€¦for the final spot there wont be a lot of free tape space for editing/copying, etc. Maybe that slot can get the tape edited to give some space and reassemble the full tape after they finish. Not an issue currently but something to note.

Excited to hear what everyoneā€™s been cooking!

Hey feel free to join ! :smiley:

Hey feel free to join ! :D

Thanks :slight_smile: Iā€™d love to but zero free time atm :frowning: Iā€™ll jump in the next one! Tried to listen to what you guys have been doing but my phone wouldnā€™t play the file:/ Iā€™ll wait til youā€™ve finished and hear it all together :slight_smile:

Should be finished my segment tonightā€¦tomorrow latest!

Next!

lol

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B97vVMu90I3ARWRidk9sbE5XaWs

Hehe, awesome, @flybry! Madlib would love this track now, I guess! :wink:

Next up: @mixrasta! Weā€™re almost done guys!

Wow, really cool @flybry!

How do we recruit the last 4 participants? Should we change the thread title? NEEDS 4 MORE PPL or something :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, really cool @flybry!

How do we recruit the last 4 participants? Should we change the thread title? NEEDS 4 MORE PPL or something :-P

Didnā€™t realise you needed recruits! I could prob jump in, havenā€™t listened to whatā€™s there so far yet but been looking forward to checking it when youā€™d finished. Would be cool to get involved :slight_smile: Whatā€™s the drill? Might be able to put something together over this weekend.

Iā€™ve actually got a few hours this morning I could put in to this if thereā€™s no one else in the queue?

Skimmed the thread, is this right -

Download the tape files.
Load em.
Listen through (be impressed, feel intimidated, begin to worry Iā€™m gonna screw the track up :wink:
Set master to Drive 60. Release 11.
T1 left. T2 right. 3 & 4 centre.
Make 30 seconds of noise.

Did I miss anything? Whatā€™s the bpm?

Hey great if youā€™re on board @Callofthevoid! However, I would advise against jumping in now. Even though it might speed things up, for all we know @mixrasta is working on his part right now. If youā€™re in, your slot is after mixrasta and @TiboDzi<span style=ā€œcolor: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: ā€œlucida grandeā€, ā€œLucida Sans Unicodeā€, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.05);ā€>.

<span style=ā€œcolor: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: ā€œlucida grandeā€, ā€œLucida Sans Unicodeā€, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.05);ā€>
<span style=ā€œcolor: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: ā€œlucida grandeā€, ā€œLucida Sans Unicodeā€, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.05);ā€>And you got the brief right ā€“ BPM is <span style=ā€œbackground-color: rgb(252, 252, 255); color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: ā€œlucida grandeā€, ā€œLucida Sans Unicodeā€, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;ā€>87.5. And the tape sections can overlap 3 secs to make the transitions smoother, if needed.
Hey great if you're on board @Callofthevoid! However, I would advise against jumping in now. Even though it might speed things up, for all we know @mixrasta is working on his part right now. If you're in, your slot is after mixrasta and @TiboDzi.

And you got the brief right ā€“ BPM is 87.5. And the tape sections can overlap 3 secs to make the transitions smoother, if needed.

Cool, didnā€™t realise there were people in the queue :wink: Iā€™ll hold back and keep an eye on the thread :slight_smile:

Canā€™t wait to listen to your collab :slight_smile:

Three more slots available @quarantequatre ā€“ jump in! =) It doesnā€™t take much time to do a 30sec part.

@Callofthevoid

Welcome to the club, sir!

7 @Mixrasta
8 @ TiboDzi
9 @Callofthevoid

Still 2-3 slots available, guys!

@Zach_Lambert @vehka Why not, I should find some time to make a little 30sec part :slight_smile:

Just listened the actual track this is awesome ! Itā€™s possible to re use somes loops ? And add external sampled devices ?

Alright!

7 @Mixrasta
8 @TiboDzo
9 @Callofthevoid
10 @quarantequatre

Sure! You can use anything you find on the tape and also any external devices.

@Callofthevoid

Welcome to the club, sir!

7 @Mixrasta
8 @ TiboDzi
9 @Callofthevoid

Still 2-3 slots available, guys!

Thanks, nice to jump in, looking forward to hearing whatā€™s been coming together from yā€™all :slight_smile:

I also should have asked about any guidelines like external sampling etc?

I've actually got a few hours this morning I could put in to this if there's no one else in the queue?

Skimmed the thread, is this right -

Download the tape files.
Load em.
Listen through (be impressed, feel intimidated, begin to worry Iā€™m gonna screw the track up :wink:
Set master to Drive 60. Release 11.
T1 left. T2 right. 3 & 4 centre.
Make 30 seconds of noise.

Did I miss anything? Whatā€™s the bpm?

2 corrections : BPM is 87.6 and Master Release value is 30 (Drive 60 you're right)

So glad you decide to join :)
30s is extremely short in fact !
I advise to already pick some elements of previous parts and work on your sounds, even already try to record your 30s, see if your levels match and such.

Matching levels and progressing the overall theme made this very interesting. Thanks yā€™all!