12: THE COLLAB PROJECT

I never get tired of listening this track, such a great collab !

I've actually got a few hours this morning I could put in to this if there's no one else in the queue?

Skimmed the thread, is this right -

Download the tape files.
Load em.
Listen through (be impressed, feel intimidated, begin to worry Iā€™m gonna screw the track up :wink:
Set master to Drive 60. Release 11.
T1 left. T2 right. 3 & 4 centre.
Make 30 seconds of noise.

Did I miss anything? Whatā€™s the bpm?

2 corrections : BPM is 87.6 and Master Release value is 30 (Drive 60 you're right)

So glad you decide to join :)
30s is extremely short in fact !
I advise to already pick some elements of previous parts and work on your sounds, even already try to record your 30s, see if your levels match and such.

Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile: I suck at staying totally inside OP for mixing/bouncing etc, it still sketches me outā€¦ I should have taken part in more battles! Thisā€™ll be fun excuse to up my mixing/level matching game :wink: Excited to hear the track so far and contribute :slight_smile:

Ok, havenā€™t started yet, but it will be done soon!

This is an awesome project. I hope you washed your hands before passing the track onto the next person.

Finished, uploaded and hands are cleaned ; )

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6PkTygcM5oudFJqSGRkQVNDb3M

Finished, uploaded and hands are cleaned ; )

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6PkTygcM5oudFJqSGRkQVNDb3M

Nice one :slight_smile: Hyped to hear what youā€™ve (all) done :slight_smile: Iā€™ll probably load tape in to my OP tonight and start messing with poss ideas for my part. Feels kinda like Band-Aid :wink:

Brilliant @mixrasta! I love it how the track goes in all directions. Itā€™s like a musical serial or something. =)

I will start working on it tonight, unless @Callofthevoid you have already something started.

I will start working on it tonight, unless @Callofthevoid you have already something started.

Cool :slight_smile: Iā€™ve not started/listened yet, Iā€™ll hold off listening/loading tape til youā€™re set :slight_smile:

Fantastic job, @mixrasta!

Thanks, but you and @vekha and all the others already did a very cool job!

job done ! really cool to listen to all previous contributions right on the OP1 and see how each one have worked their part, so much to learn from (but not enough time to put that in practice this time), Thanks everyone for that !

I did my best (i'm still a beginner), i hope it's good enough, feel free to modify, cut or remove all if it doesn't fit in the final mix.

@Callofthevoid it's your turn ;)
job done ! really cool to listen to all previous contributions right on the OP1 and see how each one have worked their part, so much to learn from (but not enough time to put that in practice this time), Thanks everyone for that !

I did my best (i'm still a beginner), i hope it's good enough, feel free to modify, cut or remove all if it doesn't fit in the final mix.

@Callofthevoid it's your turn ;)

Have you got a link for us, buddy? So excited! :)))

i put it in the google drive folder i hope it works :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8mCUjcnqRVhbmpoNEN1eGxYeGs

Yeah, nice one, @TiboDzi! We should now try to get back to the initial sounds somehow to close the circleā€¦

i put it in the google drive folder i hope it works :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8mCUjcnqRVhbmpoNEN1eGxYeGs

Nice one :slight_smile: looking forward to checking it all out. Iā€™ll load tape and try to start on this this afternoon.

Yeah, nice one, @TiboDzi! We should now try to get back to the initial sounds somehow to close the circle...

Iā€™ll definitely keep that in mind when I start work on it. But no promises :wink: Hopefully OK to follow my gut even if that leads elsewhere? Not a problem either way, if you guys would prefer on going back to the earlier sound/vibe I can try to do that no probs :slight_smile: but maybe more interesting/true continuing the stream of consciousness vibe that seems to have happened? Let me know :slight_smile: just donā€™t want to upset everyone after they worked on it!

Sure, just keep that in mind. Have fun!

Yeah total artistic freedom @Callofthevoid! But you get plus points if you try to tie up some loose ends. :wink:

And great job @TiboDzi!