Battle 60 VOTE — (REHASH / REMATCH)

ah, makes sense, I thought it sounded totally unfamiliar… (never unlocked iter/filter)

Sorry, it was “hidden”. Fixed: https://soundcloud.com/sjgambler/battle-60

As for voting, after hearing @ssam 's track I pretty much gave up on this battle, so No Longer Melloncollie get my vote. It reminds me of some good indie tracks I listened to in early 2Ks on one of the first music hosting websites.

@psound74 - nice sound design.

@beefinator - the fwd / reverse hat is a long open HH sample, with LFO around 5 or 6. I was quite pleased with this effect, so thanks for noticing.

@others ----- still listening. some great stuff here. voting soon.

bang it to all, but I gotta give some out of the ordinary credit and a hard-to-the-core vote to @KOHLBERG

cut up effects so effectively utilized on your beat, mate. reminds me of the Kid Cudi poke her face Kanye re-edit where the release is so choppy on the drum beat, it makes my headphones thump. but also like a Dre beat with some steely vibes and bass, almost a touch Radiohead.

dude you coming up.

I appreciate all entries, but really hand-clapping on this one.

@ssam you get my vote. You were the truest to the nature of the battle, made the unit sound like a full blown DAW, and even had the balls to rock some vocals. Great work man :+1:

PS @kln thanks for that bro! :smiley:

Thanks for the kind words ! :slight_smile: it’s taken me a while to decide who to vote for … I think it’s got to be @kohlberg for such a really alive sounding beat.

A close 2nd to @psound74, you have a lot packed into 100 seconds there ! It felt like this track was a teaser for a longer tune (maybe it should be :slight_smile:

@beefinator I took the liberty to edit your original post to include the missing link :wink:

fair enough

we are tied between @ssam and @KOHLBERG !
we’ll leave the vote open another day, an even two weeks, for someone to make a final tiebreaker vote?

No need. I appreciate my votes for sure, but I concede to @ssam who totally deserves to win! U earned it man! I am looking forward to the next one though! :sunglasses:

Don’t know if it makes a difference but my vote goes to @kln

Between @ssam and @KOHLBERG I prefer Kohlbergs track.

Although it does have one really high and kind of painful frequency playing. (I get that sometimes with the CWO effect, maybe from there?) but really cool track nonetheless (all of these entry’s btw)

It is something I struggle with often. Most of the time, I think it’s feedback from sampling into the Op-1. In this case, it’s when I sampled in the old source material. I do have a Noise suppressor do-hickey dongle that sits between my stereo cable and the op-1 when I sample in, but it doesn’t help much. The one I have is similar to this one (link below). It’s a cheapie. Any advice on how to avoid this, or suggestions for a nicer, better working one would be most welcome. I wouldn’t mind dropping 10 times that much if i knew it was a good portable solution that did the job like it’s supposed to. I like nice and clean mixes if I can help it.

https://www.gearbest.com/cables-connectors/pp_009737862170.html

alright, imma call it a win for @ssam ! congrats, impressive work with that!

Hurrah! Let’s get a new battle up!

@ssam any ideas?? :innocent:

Wah! I didn’t l realize it might be my responsibility :slight_smile: Is there a list of previous battles somewhere so I can see what’s been done?

Currently my favourite thing to do with the OP-1 is to use the Element LFO and connect the G input to an interesting parameter … so perhaps we could have a battle involving that somehow

edit: or… another thought… is that I never use the Endless sequencer cus I find it quite mysterious. perhaps a limitation that you have to make a rhythm and a melody part using only the endless sequencer??

Up to you. Both sound like grounds for a great battle. Maybe try to find a way to combine them!?

1 Like

@ssam

here are two links containing lots of ideas, both past and potentially future…

Thanks for the links!

I’ve created the new battle here: Battle 61: Video. I think it’s not a repeat, right? i’m sure you’ll be kind enough to let me know if the rules can be improved in some way! :slight_smile: