Critter & Guitari Organelle (never selling!)

The organelle is my secret weapon. :) I run the OP1 through it's FX patches most of the time. The mutable stuff is great too, and Shreeshwifty is worth supporting on Patreon, he's a lovely generous man. I bought the organelle and sold it twice before getting and sticking with the third. pd is overwhelming, but with a bit of love, it's great to build what you really want. Between the organell and VCV rack I'm not really using hardware modular anymore.

Similar here. Op1+Organelle is endless experimental fun! Killer combo and portable with a power bank :slight_smile:

Also heavily in to VCV lately too.

God knows how much money I’ve saved in pedals and modules between them :slight_smile:

I keep thinking of grabbing one, I played around briefly with PD some years ago on on the rpi, the Organelle Fx and sampling/looping stuff seem interesting but I think I am going to wait a bit to see what comes from Namm before spending any more money for now.

@darenager small computers in neat I/O boxes running patches is definately the future I think for some new digital hardware.

Undoubtedly :slight_smile: Interesting times! BTW how long does the Organelle take to boot? One thing with the Pi3 that was a buzzkill for me was waiting for it to boot.

It’s less than 10 seconds I think. Haven’t clocked it, but it’s not much slower than OP-1.

Thanks @vehka that is actually quite a bit quicker than I expected.

It's less than 10 seconds I think. Haven't clocked it, but it's not much slower than OP-1.

Mine must be defective… boots up in 15.57 seconds. XD

Lol @ghostly606 I have to clock it now too. Pretty sure mine is quicker though!

Mine boots up fast I feel like… And @lyingdalai, yeah a second aux button would’ve made it a lot stronger but hey not gonna get too wound up about it. I used to be a little salty about it but eh oh well

not quite in the same league as the Organelle, but the Axoloti is definitely worth a look for a much cheaper/DIY-your-own-case option. Hasn’t got as much CPU as the Organelle though. The mutable instruments patches are great! technobear codes for it too, as do a few other Organelle heavy-hitters AFAIK

OK, I tried the Organelle between 0-Coast and A4 yesterday afternoon.

I keep it, definitely.
a second aux button would've made it a lot stronger but hey not gonna get too wound up about it. I used to be a little salty about it but eh oh well

I’ll turn the left half of the keyboard into AUX menus. Lots of them. I have ideas :smiley:

OK, I tried the Organelle between 0-Coast and A4 yesterday afternoon.
I keep it, definitely.

Do you not have op1 any more dude? That combo’s super fun too :slight_smile:

Yes I have, but I wanted to experiment with 0-Coast (my favorite synth lately).

No doubt next session is with OP-1 into Organelle (into OT, I guess, to have a O-setup :D)
Yes I have, but I wanted to experiment with 0-Coast (my favorite synth lately).
No doubt next session is with OP-1 into Organelle (into OT, I guess, to have a O-setup :D)

Sweet O’ness :slight_smile: Glad you got past that initial ‘meh’ stage mate. Enjoy!

:wink:

:smiley:

Shreeshwifty's patches and knowledge are crazy too but I think he mighta done a bunch of acid before because his posts are hard to understand ...He and technobear basically saved the instrument tho and shree says it is the best fx unit in the market Pretty true as long as ur into it

My biggest issue is always switching back and forth wether it is a synth or an effect
Not to mention my patch organization is garbage

How true! :slight_smile:

As for the Organelle: there’ve been but a few musical instruments under my hands that became “keepers” almost instantly, right out of the box. The Organelle is one of them, though I’m not saying it’s everyone’s cuppa tea. FX or synth or drum machine? All of these and none of these, depends what you wanna get out of it. The Organelle continues to inspire me and for me, that is the bottom line. For others this may not be the case and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Shreeshwifty's patches and knowledge are crazy too but I think he mighta done a bunch of acid before because his posts are hard to understand ...He and technobear basically saved the instrument tho and shree says it is the best fx unit in the market Pretty true as long as ur into it

My biggest issue is always switching back and forth wether it is a synth or an effect
Not to mention my patch organization is garbage

How true! :slight_smile:

As for the Organelle: there’ve been but a few musical instruments under my hands that became “keepers” almost instantly, right out of the box. The Organelle is one of them, though I’m not saying it’s everyone’s cuppa tea. FX or synth or drum machine? All of these and none of these, depends what you wanna get out of it. The Organelle continues to inspire me and for me, that is the bottom line. For others this may not be the case and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Dude I chat to shreeswifty in private and the guy is crazy. Very clever, but almost too clever for his own good!

It’s taken a while but finally getting my head around Pd. First patch posted on Patch Storage, letting you control LFO “MIDI” values on OP1 with the Organelle knobs. Great for when you’re using tape or any other screens.

Will be posting updates with modulation sources for these values soon (envelopes and various lfo waveshapes).

https://patchstorage.com/op1-lfos-v1/