Doubletrigs on OP-Z

I know lot of people jump on hardware, but yea maybe a software revision could smooth out the trigs.

Yeah it really seems like a problem with (or lack of) debouncing on the button inputs, which can be remedied in software.

idk on the double-triggering OP-Z i had, it wasn’t necessarily doing it right when i pressed a key… sometimes the second trigger would happen on sustained presses after i’d been holding it for a bit. that seems like faulty hardware to me… not easily remedied in software.

Im continuing to have some double trigs but it is very seldom and seems to happen more so when I first turn the opz on. Opz is about two weeks old.

But, i’m really curious if anyone is having this problem so I’m asking again:

First, when attached to headphones or aux cable or whatever, when I turn the opz on there is a very faint, short, ground hum. Which is understandable. However, sometimes that ground hum multiplies and gets really loud and the opz freezes. All the pattern lights turn red. I have to restart the opz for it to work. Doesn’t always happen. And seems to happen most when I’m using headphones.

Anyone else getting this loud noise sometimes or should I contact the seller?

Maybe debouncing is the wrong word, but some kind of “release” time on button presses would probably remedy it.

1 Like

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone who’s managed to make a return of their op-z thus far could tell me what/where exactly is the “reference number”? I can’t seem to find anything explicitly saying that on the receipt or the shipping confirmation.

on the back of the Package and within the App.

1 Like

Hello friends. The other day my OP Z was in a case and it stays 15 minutes in the sun. When I saw that I took it and put it in the shadow. I feel since then the double triggering is more often. Does any of you put their OP Z too many time in the sun or in a hot situation ? Maybe this double/triggering could be a problem with the membrane keyboard and hot temperatures ? Hope I can be understand, because english is not my main language.

PLEASE give it a go. you may be the guy that helps us all. mine doubles on some notes. contacted te. they said shoot a short video. i am shooting tonight. and will send to them when done. i reallly dont want to give up the device and all that is stored on there right now.

This picture from TE’s instagram today gives an idea about the keyboard construction, but unfortunately it is not hi res enough to confirm whether the buttons are standard tactile switches or something else…

Unfortunately you will not be able to get underneath the keyboard because that flex cable where the switchs rest on is fixed in place permanently, i.e. it is not removable, according to what we saw in the OP-Z teardown pictures.

If you press a key, can you actually see the flex membrane sagging a bit?

super insane but really nice that you’ve done that. gives a lot of troubleshoot information.

from time to time I think they should have done it in a black painted op-1 case with the same Hardware (except the disks) as OP-1 but an added module slot and such. what a misery that the most playable part is such faulty sometimes.

OP-1 as a Controller is nearly the same but that same height and feel…in black…

i think doubletrigs are rare! my new one never ever had a doubletrig, fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

I sent in my video to TE today, lets see how long they take to get back to me. shift button and lower c are triggering multiple times. it seems that the most used buttons are affected first. it could be spreading.

1 Like

same here … shift button and lower c are triggering multiple times!!
I opened 2 tickets (over a month ago) no answer!
:pensive:

I also think that way

in addition, my unit also has stability problems which I solved with adhesive tape on the back.
sad :hole:

i opened a ticket in early march.11 days later they responded requesting a video. i sent the video 2 days ago. early model i think. 256 patters written on the box instead of 160. amazing little machine despite some issues and bugs. although buggy, the op1 and opz play very well together.

This is a better picture then the previous one, here we can clearly see that TE is not using standard tactile switches but some rubber dome like solution with an inner and an outer flex PCB track ring with an LED inside it. Maybe the keys that produce double trigs don’t sit very straight in that surface or it sags a bit when the key is pressed so that the rubber dome material fails to produce a good low resistance contact.

1 Like

is this also the whole mechanism? how do the buttons look from underneath? :slight_smile:

The picture does not show the underside of the buttons. I don’t have an OP-Z, how does pressing a button feel? Is it a click feeling like a PO (metal dome)? Or a mush feeling like in a Casio calculator (rubber dome)?

Definitely a click, the picture on the opz site if all the parts it looks like plastic screws aren’t actually screws, just plastic balls that are friction installed, like they could be popped out with the right tool? They are right below the gold sensor keyboard, maybe somebody could take it out? I’m not qualified enough at this stuff but it was a observation.