Gear I Didn't Buy Today

littleBits had a 25% off sale yesterday. They’re small little things but that’s some good savings as those small little things can add up and I need the MIDI and maybe CV bits and then I start getting dreamy eyed and carried away and get nothing. I think I should get that MIDI bit though… Could have some fun putting my six oscillator sick-sick-synth back together and sequencing with OP-1’s Tombola or Machinedrum and then sampling it.

I already have the CV and MIDI, and just wanted the USB module, but of course they required a $99 purchase, and I’ve wasted too much money in the past adding things on just to get a discount, so I bought nothing, as well.

I didn’t buy BSP nor Push 2 today, still hesitating. Didn’t buy the Blackbox either. Maybe I just should keep calm !

You should keep your money @quarantequatre my friend !

Because of these reasons :
- Black Friday is coming
- I would like to show you how the elegant and powerful Elektron workflow is not that hard to understand, and becomes rather quickly something natural

:smiley:

You should keep your money @quarantequatre my friend !
Because of these reasons :
- Black Friday is coming
- I would like to show you how the elegant and powerful Elektron workflow is not that hard to understand, and becomes rather quickly something natural

:D

SECONDED! On both points! :wink:

Vade retro Elektron gurus ! :smiley:
Do you guys think it’s possible to get -50% on Push 2 during Black Friday ? I don’t think so !
And what about the Elektron boxes and Black Friday promos ?

One day, while rocking your 3 Elektrons, you’ll remember this conversation !

:smiley:

Maybe you’re right, but why 3 ? :smiley:

Because it’s a bug, like modular.

Any way you enter Elektron territory, you end finding a sampler, a drumbox and a synth is all you need :smiley:

^ I’d go as far to say you only need the OT (full stop) but this thread would have a million posts as no-one would buy again!

@<a href=“https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/2281/rotallytuined” class=“Username” style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 15px; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(1, 115, 198); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>rotallytuined<span style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”> no you’re right man, you can always sample some tiny synth you drive from the OT, or use modular to generate sample chains of rhythmic sounds… <span style=“background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255); color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;”>You’ll still need this very powerful sampler :wink:

Don’t get me wrong @LyingDalai I agree with you on the Elektron front, extremely powerful.
I just remember the OT being so powerful that it was a slap in the face to see my other gear and realise I don’t need them, I only want them. OT food fun
The gear owns us, we don’t own it!

The gear owns us, we don’t own it!

You’re right !

Ha! Funny seeing this Elektron talk… I’ve been straying towards “maybe I need a little side synth by my Monomachine…” but as I kept looking at various things in the $500-$600 USD range, I started feeling that most of them were compromised enough that if I just saved up a little more, the Analog 4 would be far superior. Or that I can do what I want those other synths to do with my Monomachine or Circuit…

Although the Roland System 1M keeps tugging at me… And that white Korg/Arp desktop module is sexy as hell… But when I really think about it I just don’t have the space and really should continue exploring the Op-1, Monomachine, and Circuit that I have because they cover an awful lot of sonic territory and hopefully christmas/tax-refund/holiday-special-pricing season will bring me the OctaTrack that can really tie the room (and my many smaller synths) together.

I’m not buying an MPC 1000 for a couple of weeks now. Really proud of myself, though I got me the iMPC app to fill that GAS void in my soul. A small part of it anyway.

today I walked right past an elektron analog heat. good on me!

Today I didn’t buy a 2nd Analog Heat. But I still might…

I didn’t buy a MS-20

haven’t bought a 0-coast nor a minilogue since they came out.

really want one of each though…

Today I didn’t buy a 2nd Analog Heat. But I still might…

Oh wow! That good? How do you use yours?