M1 - Headphones with mic for OP-Z

They fold to the inside. Someone made a post on instagram under the #opz Hashtag with photos from the unboxing.

The bass is clean and there, sometimes too much for my choice. Its like on Monitors…when the song has bass, there is bass, when the song has no bass, there is little bass on the headphones. So you need a good source. They sound not like some “Beats” headphones. They are more similar to my AKG Q701 than to my Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears but thats a very personal opinion…

5 Likes

Thank you! That sounds great!

2 Likes

I got mine. Did a review here for anyone interested in the blog section. www.synthdawg.com

5 Likes

Just received them.
Unboxing:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B55X5HCIgns/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

Summary:

• nice build quality
  • smaller than I expected → on ear style
  • A little bit more pressure would have been great, but good
  • Foldable, to the inside.
  • Sound is “monitory”. Bass depends on the song, clarity is good and I’d describe the sound as “neutral”. Exactly what TE advertised.
  • They sort of remind me of the Koss Porta Pro: a little bit bigger, better design and material, same cultish charme. Sound is neutral vs. the Koss bassy hi-fi pop sound.
  • Sound quality is good, especially for 69€. Totally worth it for price sound and portability.

Btw.: Did TE do work for AIAIAI? Or vice versa? Because this definitely looks like a mini AIAIAI TMA sort of thing. Child of TE and AIAIAI :smiley:

Overall: very nice. Worth the money, especially if you want a smaller set for on the go for OPZ and PO.

TE collaborated with AIAIAI in the past for the OP-1 earbuds. I have some. I don’t use them much, as most of the ones I already had were better. They looked cool though.
Perhaps this is a similar arrangement. TE add some of their design elements, AIAIAI produce it.

I got mine yesterday, they are really nice. They have a very snappy sound. I love that they are the perfect size to fit in the bag, they are small but it’s great to keep everything in the bag and not have to carry them separately… if they were too big I probably wouldn’t carry them as much.

Has anyone tried the M1 with an OP-1 (using a TRRS to TRS+TRS splitter) ?

Awaiting my M1 headphones in the mail. been “out for deliver” for 4 days now… means “stuck in truck and keeps getting shoved to the back.” Really flexing my patience muscle here…

that would be so dope

1 Like

Idk man. Literally any 30$ buds with mic work great. Not gonna spend 80$ for more TE fanboy crap. Plus “on ear” are so wffing uncomfortable after like 20 minutes of use.

man, you should sort your level of communication. If you don’t like TE you should invest into other stuff.

nobody cares about your stuff when it’s clear that you’re kind of trolling every thread

2 Likes

Plus any $30 pair of in ears will be horrible, I’ve never used any worth the money they cost… Sure there are some respectable in ears around $70, that you can get a good sound stage and clarity, but even then… why not spend allittle more and get much better in ears? But $30? What apples? They don’t sound good… That’s why!
The te headphones don’t have much of a wide defined placement or dynamic sound stage either though… everything sounds like mono signals forced into stereo… But atleast it is neutural and has a poppy pleasant sound that works well with the opz… unlike cheap stuff that sounds like mud and bass blowing farting with harsh highs and mud mids that are unclear with zero dynamics… So that’s why…

you’re right, i apologize. dont think im trolling on any other thread though, i’m tryna be helpful when peeps ask questions. In fact i’ve been tryna answer questions on as much as i can cause the community is awesome. Def not just “trolling” every thread. But your right bout my language in that post. guess i’m salty cause i want this piece of gear to work and it just has so many bugs and now they’re rolling out more stuff instead of really addressing the issues with the product :thinking:

3 Likes

word. :innocent:

Guys I gotta vent somewhere… Update, 4 days later, not even out for delivery. So I live in Colorado. The package came from Sweden as you know, passed customs in Kentucky on the 10th. And then we’re in Colorado out for delivery for the next 7 days. Wake up today ready as ever and check the tracking. It says “held in warehouse” in Kentucky, so physically the package was supposed to be in Colorado and magically it poofed over to Kentucky and went through customs for a second time only to be “held at warehouse” this means that when ups says they have a physical package scan they do not. Then I was told it actually never left Kentucky. So how was it out for delivery and going through Colorado scans for 8 days…? Hopefully TE has alternate shipping options for I will never willingly let UPS touch my sh*t again. Kinda turnin me into a Christmas grinch not gonna lie. Staying up tho fam and keeping the love strong :muscle: peace :v: p.s. - thanks for letting me vent

At the risk of being shot…I keep a pair of $19 skull candy earbuds in the op-1 AND op-z case just for on the go. Two pair and I am not even slightly upset at the sonics. I have adam a7x in the studio and mix on those when needed. The T.E. on the fly stuff I do can be mixed good enough in the buds for small posts etc.

With that said, I do love T.E. stuff and their designs but I pick and choose. When the $$ really comes in, I’ll cop the OD speaker and Ortho remote for sure lol. I really want the Impossible cam for the studio!!!

1 Like

That really sucks man, I feel for you and I’ve been there more than once… that’s about the worst and yes I agree ups don’t care at all! You would think if they see something came from so far away they would try allittle harder to get it where it’s going. I get so mad at ups they drive me crazy.

1 Like

Forreal! Teenage Engineering customer support is awesome though and have a new package on the way; They refunded for my shipment and then sent out a replacement package. Will get The first one that’s stuck in the system redirected Back to Sweden. TE saves the day (;

2 Likes

i mean i got a pair they are ok nothing reslly that cool just a pair of average headphones and mic kinda like they give telemarketers pretty boring stuff honestly

They have a game boy type handheld also