Module shipped

Got the oplab module tonight.
Already got the cv1 and gate to control the eurorack synth leadsound.
plus cv 2 controls the second mod input on the filter and cv 3 controls the vca on a second sound on the modular.
The eurorack clock controls the op-z tempo via trig in.
The midi out controls the roland d 50 and d05 via midi out.
Op-1 via usb midi.
Wow. And so easy.

1 Like

I was able to play with it for a tiny bit before work. Like everyone else it wasn’t detected on the app and I had to fiddle with it a bit. I think it would be a little easier to integrate with my keystep (I was using the Kingston nucleum hub hooked up to a usb power hub which made it clunky.

It definitely gives the OP-Z a little more heft, not to mention I feel like I barely tapped into the potential of it. Bruno did a really good overview on here https://youtu.be/jeXAATCXBrg

I’ve tried the module and there’s a weird bug i have in midi (with the o-coast) that makes the notes glide. You have to select another track/pattern before it works correctly again.

The module has crashed five times so far (cv and midi leds off not responding) with the rest of the opz still functionning.

So my module does not work with cv/gate. midi is fine, trigger out also, but no lights on the other outputs. Waiting for feedback from TE.

Make a backup and try a factory reset. Seems to have helped some people.

1 Like

Did you try the shift 3?

1 Like

Yes that was the trick. After a backup I did a reset with:

• Enter update mode by hold in screen while starting the unit.
  • When in update mode, hold screen & stop for 5 seconds.
  • Wait for the track LEDs to all light up.
1 Like

Yes but that was not the problem.

I tried the eurorack sequencing via a MIDI/CV interface today. It was quite a fiddly start. For instance, at first, the module ignored the notes in the lower octaves send from the OP-Z. But now it seems to be working more or less. Maybe I should disable the cc messages for now, the eurorack module may get confused by these.

However, as it seems after a quick test, the OP-Z sends usable MIDI on all 16 channels. Right now I have two sequences running while taking advantage of the step components. Very nice.

Oddly enough, I find that the OP’s digital synth engines can blend very nicely with the (analog) sounds created by the eurorack modules. For instance, it is really easy to create interesting layered sounds by mixing the eurorack and OP-Z output. Also helps with keeping things in tune.

Maybe the 0-coast reacts to MIDI control change messages (cc) send by the OP-Z? For instance, the green encoder in layer “white” by default sends cc1 output, which is normally the modulation wheel. This may be useful for some, but I think this can also be disabled.

Hello, rather basic question here:

Just received my module and installed it.

Module is not visible in the I/O screen on the app. Says “none”

Is there a way to enable/config?

Manual seems a bit vague.

Thanks a lot

Scroll up this thread - lots of info. The module does not show in the app. Config is done with the switches.

Yes I saw, am only using midi cables atm and having no luck, was trying to avoid having to factory reset. On latest OS, switches indicate midi, midi is enabled in the app. Just making sure I tick all the boxes before a reset which seemed to be doing the trick for others.

Sorry for double post just want to post my results:

Plastic on my oplab is a bit off. Makes inserting properly into the slot and contacts very,very fiddly. When the unit is receiving midi a green light will display beneath power switch.

I had to fiddle with the lock unlock for quite some time before it worked. Seating it required using delicate pressure. Certainly a ton of potential for disaster given the fragility of the unit. Unsure if vibrations and travel with dislodge the unit from its locked in contacts. Time will tell.

Once installed working great with my OT!! But really worried about the installation process, the fiddly contacts not a great first impression.

Got mine today and it’s definitely fun and worth it for me. Now I’ll be patiently waiting for step components and performance mode for the module track. I wonder how they will implement it.

received and working: the module channel on the app mos def needs some rework, it is confusing to have the global midi setup on a ‘working’ channel: also really would like to see the the step components in place there + lfo to CV out

TE needs to make a firmware upgrade o show the module in the track as well

Lfo to cv out is a good idea! Right now i use cv 2 and cv 3 as a cv recorder and that is also great especially in combination with a long pattern.

You’re right.
The cv track parameters send cc to midi but i don’t know how to disable/write it in midi config.
That’s problematic when using midi and cv at the same time.

Yup I had the same problem but only with the gate. Changing to a different track/pattern or even enabling/disabling the module track helped. Thanks.

As it seems, disabling midi cc entirely is not possible. However, when the the device is booted into content mode it is mounted as a USB drive. A midi configuration json-file (midi.json) can be found in the config folder. It is conveniently editable with a standard text editor which works much faster for me than using the app to change all the midi cc numbers.

In that file you will find a section “parameter_cc_out” just like this:

“parameter_cc_out” :
[
[ 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 ],
[ 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 ]
],

I believe rows represent tracks and columns represent encoders. In my case, I set all the cc numbers to zero to avoid confusing my MIDI to CV module. In your case, you might want to try selecting a track (row) for sequencing your 0-coast and to set the cc numbers to values that are not used by that synth. Make sure to have a backup of that file though.

Have fun!

EDIT:
One interesting thing to do might be to sequence the 0-coast from e.g. track 5 and blending it with the output of the OP’s bass voice on that track. This layering can give some interesting sonic results.