Nanoloop Mono (Analog Synthesizer Circuit)

hmm… after cleaning w/alcohol the nano 1.7 cart is working 100% again but the mono cart is still giving the exact same glitch every time now

welp… just paid $80 for a dmg01 with biverted backlight and prosound mod.

hmm, email oliver perhaps, or post on the facebook group? A few others have been having problems, but if you’re not even getting to the nanoloop title screen, updating the software may not be possible.

emailed yesterday and still waiting for a response. at this point i am hoping it’s the dmg. my uber model should be here this week but it would probably be another month if oliver had to ship me another mono cart ;\

ack. got a response from oliver giving me some debugging to do but still no dice. says it sounds like a bad dump and already shipped out a new cart. back to the waiting game…

Made this today :slight_smile:

how much do you plan to sell those for? is that a connector for dmg or pocket/gbc/gba?

im still confused. so the pocket is no good? even if I get the direct audio out from the cart?

according to oliver the pocket will work but with the following caveats: "less bass, more hiss, whine"

i can’t say 100% since i haven’t done it but my understanding is that it should perform identically to a dmg with the direct audio out mod
Made this today :)

Nice! =]

@masterofstuff124 - If you do the direct out mod (bypassing internal audio circuitry) then in theory any model of gameboy that is listed as compatible will work, because we are taking the audio direct from the cart port none of the audio characteristics of the different models is relevant - in theory, I have not tested, but it should be the same.

@drybones I was not planning on selling them I just made one for myself, but I could make a part built kit if anyone wanted to build their own, basically the box with the connectors, label, jacks fitted and hole for cable, then you just cut a cable in half and solder 3 wires, it could be any model that you have link cable for.
If any of you guys are interested I’ll work out a price.

In other news I bought 2 more DMGs and a bunch of parts to customise them, I just love the feel of DMGs, pocket feels too small, even though it has a better screen. But I am going to backlight and bivert them so when done I’ll post some pics. i managed to get a nanoloop 1.2b cart as well, I think the one I had before was 1.0 or earlier.

of the regular gameboys i like the DMG the best too.

i also like the GBA SP’s. great screen&visibility. dead silent audio output and rechargeable battery.
def not as raw sounding as a DMG but i like the ~90s sound of it.
the extra options,polyphonic voice,fm & filters on the GBA NL2 are nice to have as well.
@drybones I was not planning on selling them I just made one for myself, but I could make a part built kit if anyone wanted to build their own, basically the box with the connectors, label, jacks fitted and hole for cable, then you just cut a cable in half and solder 3 wires, it could be any model that you have link cable for. If any of you guys are interested I'll work out a price.

depending on price i could be interested for sure

£10 plus postage, but the postage for outside UK is £9, UK £3. You cut your own link cable and just solder 3 wires then put the screws in, nice and simple.

hmm yeah. interest is definitely piqued. would postage be the same if i ordered two? and do you have any more of your mini mixers lying around?

Yes postage is always same upto 100grams in weight, yes I have mixers in stock, in fact just got a brand new mono version in today, still have other models too.

IMG_1128

sorry to thread crap but do you have a site that outlines the different models of mixers features and prices availabe?

Not yet but I am looking into it, but price on mixers is £20 4ch, £30 6ch, £40 8ch, new mono one above is £25.