New OP-1 Field 😮

Not only the HW is different, but most likely the SW as well… let’s be realistic here, the OP-1OG was created over a decade ago and TE has released many other devices after that, like the POs, OP-Z, OB-4, which gives them an opportunity to improve their coding skills. In fact, TE has recently complained about how difficult it became to maintain the OP-1OG code base. So, IMO, this points towards a totally revamped and much improved SW implementation for the OP-1F, making it harder to port features back.

5 Likes

@MichaalHell

Someone on Reddit is asking the following:

“OP-1 field - rename functionality - who can show?

Is there any OP-1 field beta-testers who can show how is the snapshots renaming look like?”

I’m also curious about this :slight_smile:

You are able to share this with us?

2 Likes

Actually when you say “Apple-style” I guess you mean “Android-style” only two updates and fuck you or buy a new one to get OS update. If I’m not wrong Apple is the brand with more old versions of hardware capable of get an OS upgrade on iPhones and iPads at least.

I agree with you, I would like to get on my OGP-1 the upgrades that his components can get.

3 Likes

What about the hidden Choplifter game?

1 Like

Removed unfortunately… :frowning:

1 Like

Is the field components quality is better than the op1 ?
Has anyone completely taken it apart ?

i havent seen any. im looking forward to some gutshots/teardown.

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing more info on the OP-1 Field, despite the price, it does seem like it hits a fair amount of the things that made it harder for me to work on the OP-1.

Hi Michaal - did your demo videos get taken down? They were great!

I deleted all of them and decided Not to post anymore videos on the OP-1 Field (as explained in this insta post) atleast until the lunatics have moved on to flat earth or whatever they like to talk about…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdtSb_Btr2-/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that @MichaalHell. All power to you. If you could keep sharing info here though it would be gratefully received - we :heart: You!

3 Likes

Took me 8 years before I got the OP-1. I love the wee thing and live with its quirks.
Daresay it’ll be 8 years before I get the OP-1 Field.

Looking forward to hearing what people do with it.
…and that mixer looks edible. Also interested to see how it works in a gig scenario.

The price is the price but I’ll add this everyone who has had a go with my OP-1 has really enjoyed it…it’s tactile and easy much like myself.

3 Likes

sorry to hear (read) about your experience :expressionless: be in no doubt what you experienced was wrong. completely understand what you did, though you didn’t have to. take none of it to heart. sending you good wishes.

2 Likes

@MichaalHell how good is the midi sync between the op-z and op1-f? Also is the output signal pretty clean on the op1-f if one wanted to use the op1-f as a soundcard for a laptop?

1 Like

I don’t think they will update the OG again. They will keep selling it for a few years though. Like apple products the buyer will have a choice to go with the cheaper older version or the newer ‘field’ version.

Further updates may be unlikely, but hopefully that can get reflected in the used market

Hey,

Could not view IG video as don’t do IG.

Shame people are such twats :

I appreciated and enjoyed your videos very much.

Enjoy your joy Michaal!

Jx

2 Likes

@MichaalHell I too have been really surprised by the amount of vitriol thrown at Teenage Engineering and people that buy and use their products. A lot of people can afford things that I can’t afford but by the same token I dont smoke or drink and I choose to put money instead into books and music.
I once did a comparison with a friend and worked out that on an average year he spends more on alcohol in a year than I spend on music gear. But hey that’s his (and my choice).

Anyway - I’m really sorry for your experience and I hope it doesn’t spoil your enjoyment of your OP-1F (personally I think it looks like a fantastic piece of kit).

8 Likes

There has been such an outcry about the price of the Field, I don’t see sales being huge,. I think TE would loose out if they stopped making the OG for now.

1 Like

I’m having no issues syncing the two devices…
solid clock .1 bpm jitter, which is more then fair.

Output signal sounds clean.

2 Likes