New OP-Z firmware 1.2.8!

They could simply turn off the built in speaker while recording from internal microphone. Make it an option.

Pd is Pd isnt it? He runs Pd on a raspberry pi.
I dont know a lot about the Organelle, but everything is Pd isnt it? The Organelle is just a little (fashionable and fun) controller. Or am i wrong?

1 Like

https://youtu.be/qLxfFkfWvAs

@kr0n

1 Like

There already is an option for this: turn the yellow knob!

2 Likes

actually not but i‘ll Work something out but you’re right it’s a so called mother patch which takes care of the Input like a keyboard/midi controller and the mother patch controls the actual patch. i‘ve had the Organelle for about a week basically to find out that pd is open source and the original Organelle works with a single core CPU just like an outdated raspberry pi 2. so my plan was clear to send the Organelle back and I started to build everything on a raspberry pi, that was also my first touch with a raspberry and the hassle that comes with such a project.

my actual image handles all my USB midi gear, power and with the recent OP-Z update even the audio through USB. basically you connect power to the raspbi, connect all gear and it Autostarts with the midi connection, mother patch and every patch you want within the startup path of pd. if you need old 5 pin midi you just have to connect those cheap usb to midi cable to the raspby and it even auto detects the plugged Input and connects it to the rest. you can run a raspberry from an external battery pack, sitting in the park, playing an OP1 with an 88 keys midi keyboard and you just need two usb cables and a battery pack. all in all this will cost you around 50 bucks for the necessary hardware.
if you have no OP-Z you can use a cheap usb soundcard and it works quiet fine. the Magic happens when pd has the -real-time Prio within the system so it can run smoothly and it can use nearly all 4 cores for audio processing. even tho the raspberry 4 comes with 4 gb of ram and that should kill em all.

1 Like

I understand that I could either turn down the speaker or try to cover the speaker with my thumb. So workflow is now constantly turn the yellow knob back and forth to sample and then hear what I recorded. TE could simply turn off the speaker when sampling. Why would you ever need to hear from the internal speaker while recording from built in mic?

You are right, but people are under a TE spell and won’t recognize the obvious. This behavior is probably due to the original use of the mic (insert live vocals while playing).

2 Likes

Then how am I able to sample audio from my android device over USB? Why does the manual say you can enable a incoming usb audio signal? https://teenage.engineering/guides/op-z/input-selection

Because the Android device is the host.

I need the speaker when I’m sampling! I rarely use headphones! You know there is a separate sample gain you control besides the yellow flap right? Turn that down and don’t mess with the master volume… and don’t give them any ideas!! Lol… I need the speaker working when I’m sampling!

Seems like the perfect option to work it’s way onto the config file … “disable speaker when sampling” true / false

4 Likes

i think so too, for the individuals :innocent:

Which is problematic due to minimum gain being too high and having no pad function (not being negative, just calling it out… Opz has a lot going for it! My main wish is more control over the master track… This would spruce up workflow considerably)

1 Like

How does one increase / decrease the send amount of the incoming signal? I don’t see a control for this in fx1 or fx2? I’ve tried to control the send via tape with no results?

The incoming signal on the USB audio input is a fixed line level signal. However, the new input selection mode feature has an input gain adjustment by holding SCREEN + PROJECT or MIXER. This is useful when monitoring input 3, and also works on inputs 1 and 2.

Also in sampling mode you can adjust the input gain with the top buttons too.

true, and good point.

It’s important to note that in this new input mode, monitoring during sampling mode is overwritten by whatever input monitoring is set via the Screen button. Monitoring will already be engaged when you enter sample mode. So its not the cleanest workflow.

Anyone else experiencing frequent crashes/reboots since updating?

Tonight I had 3 in a few hours of use.

New video showing input mode:

https://youtu.be/ZzYdZRxZFR8

Anyone else experiencing frequent crashes/reboots since updating?

Yep, experienced my first reboot during a jam a few days ago after updating firmware. Hopefully it’s a one-off thing, but we’ll see… fingers crossed.