New OP-Z Sound Engines and FX

If your new reverb sounds just like the old reverb. Restart the app, remove the reverb, commit, then add it again. Finally, restart your unit.

1 Like

Looks like a great update, still havenā€™t gotten home to try it out, but wondering if all of the new stuff is usable without the app?

same here, although it works for the synth tracks

Is just not a rompler, and the engines are very basic in nature. Just judging by the sound alone, opz has a distinct personalty and sound while the mc101 has deep polished sounds, they really donā€™t compare at all. The mc101 does sound really really good. So did my jdxi. Iā€™m not talking about the programming abilities because that varies wildly person to person.

what did you do right before you got these issues?

Yesss! What a nice holidays surprise!

Updated the firmware, picked the new engines, so Iā€™m not entirely sure which of the 2 actions caused the issue. But Iā€™m sure it worked just fine before that.

Other people here have the same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/OPZuser/comments/edj6bu/cant_create_user_samples/

Sound design still sound horrible?

2 Likes

Or

2 Likes

How about my new album:
Medicines https://www.google.com/search?kgmid=/g/11j13z1rfq&hl=en-US&kgs=bab823220b3144fd&q=The+Spirit+and+Kja+Medicines&shndl=0&source=sh/x/kp/osrp&entrypoint=sh/x/kp/osrp
It was made with the opz as a big part of is production too!
I think your completely missing my point!!

Played a bit more with the new engines and I find that both, the Organ and Analog engines sound excellent, especially in poly mode. Whoever did the DSP programming, they really did a great job because the engines just sound great and are very playable. The new reverb sounds also very good to my ears. Very long, clear, good sounding tales that can be filtered and then the modulation options on top. This really shows what is sonically possible with the hardware. I usually have a very critical ear but so far I find the new engines very pleasing. It is a bit like having a good sounding analog and FM poly in the pocket.

3 Likes

Perhaps I am. It seems like you were communicating that the OP-Z sounds horrible and that everything people make with it sounds the same. Is this correct?

Yes, you may have only 2 perimeter macros over the engines, but you can still get some great diversity. Honestly, limitation can easily spur so much creativity. If I wanted to have an boundless sound design platform, Iā€™d use serum or massive or some other ā€œlimitlessā€ soft synth.

The point is, while the OP-Z has a lot of limitation, the community has proven it can be very diverse in its sounds.

4 Likes

Downloaded the most recent updated and the new Synths/fx today. Really loving the new Synths, I can see the organ synth getting a decent amount of use. Still got to have a play about with the Analog one.

I want to give sampling a bit more of a go.

I see the Redmount drum stuff is back as well!

Wait for real? Iā€™m even missing the Redmount packs, glad to see them back.

Also, when you load the Organ onto the chord track, are you getting a lot more default presets than usual?

1 Like

Yeah, I was surprised when I found them and yeah, on the chord track I think I get 7 or 8 presets for the organ.

1 Like

I think you donā€™t get what I was sayingā€¦ but Iā€™m on your sideā€¦I wouldnā€™t trade two mc101ā€™s for my opz and I think it about the best new musical equipment to be made besides the music easel or a synthi. I adore it and love itā€™s sound!
I was just saying the stark contrast between it and other more commercial versions of the same thing and how there is not much to the sounds but yet has bags of personality that even though the Roland has a million polished sounds still canā€™t come close.

2 Likes

Ahhh, now I understand, well said.

:heart:

The configurator has a bug that sometimes removes the default sample file needed to create new sample packs. Reinstalling the 1.2.17 firmware (factory reset not needed) adds that file back and you will be able to create new user samples again.

5 Likes

Absolutely loving the new reverb and Iā€™ve been able to dial some really nice analog and organ patchesā€¦ very happy with this new stuff!

3 Likes