New OP-Z Sound Engines and FX

Hello everybody,

i just tried new engines. They are great. If somebody is interested how they can sound - here I am using analog as a lofi grimy dubstep bass :sweat_smile: and Organ for a melody. I forgot tu turnoff charning, so sorry for the hum

Thank you so much for sharing this!

Iā€˜m very happy that thereā€˜s a new reverb. Reverb is such a important part of my music and I couldnā€™t really get warm with the old one.
Canā€™t wait to try the new stuff

2 Likes

From the OP-Z dev team:

We have identified and fixed two significant configurator bugs.

1. The configurator caused a file to be removed which was needed to create user sample packs. Perform a factory reset to resolve the issue if this happened to you. Remember to backup you content first!

2. Certain user samples would show up as ā€œUnknown plugā€ or ā€œUWNā€. Upon committing a new configuration, these samples would get deleted and lost.

Unfortunately, App Store will not accept app updates until Dec 28 so we donā€™t expect to have a new version out until Dec 30.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience :heart::santa:

6 Likes

Didnā€™t face #1 but #2, and disk mode allows to get your samples back (of course it helps to have a backup beforehand!).

So basically, get the new stuff with the configurator, head to disk mode and get your samples there.

Btw, where was that from the OP-Z Dev team post?

Damn, wish Iā€™d known about these issues before playing with the configurator. This just wrecked all my samples :frowning:

3 Likes

That post IS from the dev team: ā€œtngjonasā€.

2 Likes

Yeah, as I understand it - Jonas is Mr OP-Z.

Thanks Jonas. Loving my opz more and more, and appreciate the updates and ongoing bug fixes

2 Likes

Iā€™m bummed as well. I am facing #2. Iā€™m also getting a thing with the new Reverb where the reverb effect is delayed. So when we DL the new App update will our samples show up again and not say UWN or I do I need to just reload those in?

found two things today:

great!
#1 itā€™s now possible to lay down sustained notes and an ARP sequence on the same track when switching the ARP on/off while using ā€žshift to latch notesā€œ it was either sustained OR an ARP beforehand.

Not so great!
#2 the Internal pitch bend pad doesnā€˜t work on the FM Organ engine. @tngjonas ? :innocent:
edit: on some Organ presets it does pitch bend as expected.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the predelay. Use the piano keyboard on the reverb track to control the length of the predelay (similar to how the delay effect works). Pressing ā€˜2ā€™ or ā€˜3ā€™ should give you a good default setting.

If youā€™ve committed a configuration while sample packs are showing up as UWN, they get deleted from the unit. Theyā€™ll remain as lingering ghosts in the slot configuration, though.

4 Likes

jonas has answered already days ago and I solved some things like the missing reverb and such but the FM Organ is kind of messed up.

I do get 8 Presets on the Chord track only while the other tracks just have 4 and on Lead and Arp theres no pitchbend possibleā€¦the Bass track could be repaired by manually reordering the engines with a Mac but pitchbend does only work on one of the four presets.

@tngjonas why exactly is this happening? :wink:

how does this work because we have to hold track + hit a number, such as a 2 or 3 to access the various effects. I have the new reverb on the number 2 so how can I control the predelay?

1 Like

It works the same as choosing the delay time for the delay FX. Just hit a key on the keyboard when you are on the FX track. Low F is the shortest pre-delay, high E is the longest pre-delay.

You donā€™t hold shift or anything

if you donā€˜t see a number you can choose from you have to reinstall the FX with the configurator, otherwise itā€™s the old rymd but named as reverb. lil chaotic this time :see_no_evil:

So, p2 no longer applies lfo amount?

LFO amount is still on P1 (green encoder) on the LFO page (four purple LEDs). See here: (parameter pages). Adding some subtle vibrato to the organ engine gives a nice effect by the way.

On the analog engineā€™s synth page (four white LEDs), P2 (blue encoder) now indeed controls the envelope amount. Check this: (reference).

Updated OP-Z app (allegedly with Configurator fixes) is up on the US Apple app storeā€¦ A few days earlier than advertised! :grin:

1 Like

Europe, too. :muscle::muscle:

South America as well!