New Podcast! -- Small Operations

Small Operations 5 is Live!!

Featuring conversations with Neil Ritchie of Synthdawg.com and OP-1 wizard JohnnyBgood. More great music made with Teenage Engineering instruments, news and more! Subscribe on your favorite #podcast service today! All episodes now available on Youtube as well. Hope you guys dig!
Cheers!

6 Likes

I’m loving the balance of pirate radio and guidance on your podcast, plus great that it’s a good hour or so long, can’t wait for ep-6

2 Likes

Yup, the interview with SynthDawg was great, the pair of you really grab and embody the great aspects of the community!

2 Likes

@FLDPLN Can you share the RSS, please? I use player FM podcast app, and can’t find it on there.

:clap: Really enjoyed this episode, especially the chat with JonnyBgood. Hearing people talk about their creative process with TE gear is great!

2 Likes

Thanks so much everyone for the feedback and such encouragement!! I’m so so happy that you guys dig the show!! @ludicrouSpeed here’s the RSS:

https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/483976.rss

1 Like

Small Operations 6 is now live you guys! Check it out when you can! Also started up a Patreon for anyone interested in supporting. Cheers friends!
:beers::pray:

5 Likes

Great work! You should add the apple podcast link too, that is still the most common way of listening to podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/se/podcast/small-operations/id1474583149?l=en

BTW, may I ask you to get Flattr so I can add you to my contributions?

Right on! Thanks so much for the link! I’ll also look into setting up on Flattr…hadn’t heard of it before now! Cheers!! :heart::beers::pray:

I’ve been listening to your (@FLDPLN) podcast, and you have some good stuff on there. Red Means Recording and Cuckoo in the first few episodes. I haven’t listened past 4th episode yet, but if you haven’t got YouTuber Yuri Wong on #SmallOperations yet, you should. https://youtu.be/CFG5dk1GyRo

Thanks for putting up the podcast I / we really appreciate it. :+1:t4:

Hey man thanks so much! Yeah, I’ll definitely try to get Yuri on. Cheers!!

Listens to the first few now. Sweet stuff, the love shines through. Have two things I would like to communicate. It’s feels like your taste in music influences the musical choices quite much. To me the possible width of what the machines can do would benefit the show. As well as talking to people that managed to create what is not “the normal/easy sound” from the machines and how they did it. Would love that.

Hey there! It all comes down to what people make! My goal is to bring stuff that I think will inspire others, new users and seasoned users, to do more! If it’s done using TE stuff and I think it’s good or will help inspire, I’m on it! Cheers! :beers:

Hey friends! Small Operations 8 is now live!

A bunch of great music and an interview with Selsey! Give it a listen and subscribe if you dig!

Cheers!
FLDPLN

3 Likes

Selsey interview was good, that’s the segment of Small Ops that enjoy the most followed closely by the music of course.

The only criticism I have, and it’s not major, is that I don’t like the “ads” for sponsors etc. I understand why you’re doing them but they feel really forced/scripted and they jar with the flow of the podcast. They wouldn’t stop me from listening but they do make me cringe every time they’re on.

Thanks so much! Yeah, Selsey is awesome! The ads…yeah, I guess it is what it is. They are totally scripted, but I do fully dig the sponsors and I’m happy to have them. I feel you though. Necessary “evil” I guess. Pretty much every podcast I follow (about 12 now, about different topics) has ads and some have three or four even, which is a long time to wait, but when I’m listening, I usually just skip ahead if I get the message or just want to move on…oops, did I say that? :blush: But seriously, I’m a big fan of both Small Operations sponsors or else they wouldn’t be in the picture. Thanks so much for listening @ladywantsaudio! :pray:

1 Like

Yeah, if it’s what keeps Small Ops going then I’m more than willing to keep listening.

I think the fact you actually like the sponsors is key there. Maybe you should get them on for an interview and some airtime?

1 Like

Small Operations 9 is up! Music by Amulets, BOLT, and PO-35 Patreon contest winner announced! Cheers!! :heart:

4 Likes

GREAT! I shall listen tomorrow after my nap :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love drinking my coffee while listening to Small Ops in the morning :ok_hand::raised_hands::clap::clap::call_me_hand: