OP-1 Blog

I’ve been trying to get this chord progression down for three hours now and it’s pretty clear that:

A) My fingers have ADD and just love to press the wrong keys when I’m recording

B) I have no understanding of music theory at all so I don’t even really know what chords I’m playing

C) Making chord changes not feel super stiff and awkward

D) The OP-1 is still super fun even if you’re a dunce
I've been trying to get this chord progression down for three hours now and it's pretty clear that:

A) My fingers have ADD and just love to press the wrong keys when I'm recording

B) I have no understanding of music theory at all so I don't even really know what chords I'm playing

D) The OP-1 is still super fun even if you're a dunce

You need to invest in an Isla instruments Kordbot…it looks almost as cool as the op-1 too

I've been trying to get this chord progression down for three hours now and it's pretty clear that:

A) My fingers have ADD and just love to press the wrong keys when I'm recording

B) I have no understanding of music theory at all so I don't even really know what chords I'm playing

D) The OP-1 is still super fun even if you're a dunce

You need to invest in an Isla instruments Kordbot…it looks almost as cool as the op-1 too

Of course you can get gizmos with chord memory, but I’d argue that this is one of those situations where it really pays to flex the music muscles and practice until you can play it right!

Of course you can get gizmos with chord memory, but I’d argue that this is one of those situations where it really pays to flex the music muscles and practice until you can play it right!

I’m no good at any keyboard playing but I agree :slight_smile: I was total rubbish before I got the OP-1 and KeyStep, now I’m just no good due to the mandatory practice of scales and chords.

Haha, I haven’t worked on the song since I posted this. I was getting okay at it by the end. Will finish it this week. At least it’s just an interstitial thing that isn’t that long.

I have to rebuild my first Octatrack song, too. Gonna be a productive week!

Hi Operators, voting for the mindboggling battle 42 is closing today. Please consider listening to the 15 mostly harmless entries and giving an unbureaucratic thumbs up for one of them!

Bless you! :slight_smile:

I’m sick of my job, I want to play music !

I'm sick of my job, I want to play music !

PAREIL!

Idem :smiley:

bien sur…

It’s the final countdown in the Battle 42 voting !

Come on buddies, don’t be afraid everybody can vote !

and it’s there > Battle 42 voting thread for everybody

countdown? :wink: what about Sunday 23:59:59?

Just bought an OP-1 today, and now I don’t want to do any graphic design school work, because…OP-1!!!

countdown? ;) what about Sunday 23:59:59?

Yes, that’s a nice final countdown motone !

fixed my monitors. they had this annoying hiss on cold days for too long. bad caps.

Only 25 hours left for voting for battle 42:
https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2502/battle-42-voting/p1

I just launched my record label: BE SOFTLY

First release Feb 3rd

First release Feb 3rd

Congrats! Good luck with it all :slight_smile:

First release Feb 3rd

Cool name and good looking page! Cheers

been out-of-commision ever since I installed a new I/O board to replace one with a faulty headphone jack. the new board came with terrific new headphone jack working perfectly. I was so happy to hear both L/R at the same time, until my battery died. then I came to find my USB port is faulty. no charging!

patiently awaiting a new I/O board from ifixit. (who is sending another one to make up for the faulty version).