OP-1 Blog

had mine for 1 week today. amazing how complete and powerful it is. all this time i never knew
it reminds, in flashes, of my old asr10

i want to make a day of creating patches

I’ve never had more fun making patches…

I found a funny little bug while doing a battery meter reset - the tombola seems to slowly increase its speed over time. I set it to 1 and after a little while noticed it went up to 3. Not sure if this happens whether the tombola is empty or not.

Never noticed this.

Could it be that your knob is between two values ?

That was my first thought but I tried turning the encoder all the way back and it still creeps up in speed over time. Went to lunch and came back and it was at 7 haha.

OK, same here, the speed evolves over time.

With G min and M max the speed was decreasing though.
Weird !

EDIT : whatever the settings, mine keeps decreasing.

Well, I think a somebody on /r/op1users said it best - OP stands for occasional poltergeist :smiley:

That was my first thought but I tried turning the encoder all the way back and it still creeps up in speed over time. Went to lunch and came back and it was at 7 haha.

I think it depends on the gravity/momentum(?) settings; I’ve noticed that the notes can influence the movement of the sequencer, but I’ve only been able to get them to slow it down. Perhaps if they’re bouncing along with the rotation direction they’ll provide additional momentum?

@hyperbox I figured the same :smiley:
Maybe use “OP1 tracks” or “Other Music” threads

@LyingDalai

Thanks. Totally missed that one :open_mouth:

Swapped my Push 2 for an OP-1.

Looking forward to parking lot composition while I wait for my wife to get off work a couple hours later than I do, a few days a week. Fortunately, the Sonata has a great speaker system :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Have you had one before, @AdamJay?

Welcome, dear :slight_smile:
Hope you’ll let it grow :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I’ve not owned the OP-1 before.
Arrives later this week. After reading the manual and watching Tobias’ youtube videos, I feel I’m ready to jump right in.
The feature set seems so incredibly unique, I envision a long relationship with it ahead.

^ I think you’ll love it, it is a lot deeper than first seems and the tape aspect is a playground of creativity.

I didn’t think this warranted the creation of a new thread, so I figured I’d post it here…

Is anyone out there making industrial music with the op-1? I was listening to early Ministry today and thinking how cool it’d be to make similar sounds on the op-1… particularly their more sample-heavy tracks.

Quick question: When I set a loop point, hold down a key and press record to record the sequencer, is my timing amazing that I can release the key and create a perfect loop, or does the OP-1 assist here?

When Loop is on the OP-1 is doing it synchronized with the seq, when not it’s to your amazement ; )