OP-1 Tools: automatically create sound preview patches, count patches, create backups, and more

Hey there!

Are you tired of not knowing how a OP-1 patch, stored on your PC sounds like? I just wrote a Linux bash script that automatically adds sound previews to all your OP-1 patches. All you need to do is connect your OP-1 via USB, start the tool and reconnect the OP-1 multiple times. (For technical reasons the OP-1 needs to restart once, for every 8 Patches to be processed). It worked like a charm for me and I just added a sound preview to over 400 patches :slight_smile:

Also, if you don’t know how close you are to the maximum number of patches allowed on the OP-1, my tool can count it for you :slight_smile:

I hope you like the tool! It can be found here:

Please be sure to read the description before you use it. Feedback is welcome! Also if anything in the description is unclear, just let me know here or on GitHub.

2 Likes

Linux only tool? Bigsad

For now, only Linux is supported. The tool is doing a lot of system-dependent low level stuff like mounting, unmounting, ejecting usb devices, copying, so it can’t run out of the box on other systems.

Because of MacOS being similar to Linux, a port would probably be possible, but I’m not 100% sure. I don’t own a Mac, so I won’t be able to do the port myself without further help from the community.

Windows is a completely different story. I believe you would have to develop the tool from scratch again for Windows. But what the program is doing is actually not very complex, so maybe someone with knowledge about scripting and USB control for Windows could reimplement it. I’d be happy to answer any questions about the tool, if anyone decides to do this.

Last but not least, you could still give Linux, e.g. Ubuntu a try. After all it’s free. And even If you don’t want to use it as your main or a dual boot OS, there is still the option of using a Linux Live USB stick to run the script.

Wow. I honestly had no idea the OP-1 attached a preview to the user presets!