OP-1 Tracks

I just recently got my OP-1 and came here to listen to others tracks to get ideas and just hear some good stuff.

I must have listened to this one ten times today, it’s absolutely perfect and also loved the little video, definitely went well with the track.

Looking forward to posting some tracks of my own soon.

1 Like

Y’all know the game…

2 Likes

I’ve had my OP-1 for a little over a year now but I’m just starting to get into a steady habit of using it after several periods of on and off usage. I think previously I was a little too precious about how I made stuff on it. I want to start sharing more work so I quickly threw together an album of what I feel like is sketchy junk kind of work, just to sort of clear out the pipes and get something out there. I had a lot of fun, learned a lot and felt a liberated every time I erased the whole tape to work on something new. Well, here it is!

1 Like

1 Like

My first track on the OP-1, my first on anything actually. I love soundtrack and ambient stuff and ended up with this dark sounding piece. I am currently awaiting the arrival of an Eventide Space so cant wait to do more stuff like this and put it through that.

https://soundcloud.com/user-228084983/lost

1 Like

oops. I posted something without realizing it was editing my last post…

so, reposting the track from a couple days ago too:

fun drum loaded jam session. is it #Jamuary yet?

1 Like

Hello fellow operators! Here is an album of electro songs I released earlier this month, made entirely on an OP-1. It is called Quest Hymns. Have a listen on bandcamp (or don’t, I’m not the cops).

PS I hope this is the right place for this type of thing

2 Likes

Wow thanks for posting this, super inspiring! Great job!

thanks, pal! you’re making ol’ olklore :blush: over here

I did a cover of “Rydeen” by Yellow Magic Orchestra to see how much I could learn, which was a lot! I ran out of patience before I could add the details like all the different snare fills and more layering, but still pretty happy with the result.

3 Likes

here’s something new.

1 Like

First post here, more of a jam than a track really :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

mashed-up samples and stuff

2 Likes

my band, the warehouse ravers, have a new track out. hope you enjoy. (we are also taking bookings for weddings and hen’s parties).

made on the OP1 and roland MV8000. samples from: drums – patrick adams, percussion – roland 727, strings – can’t remember but it’s an all time classic house track, vocals – debra cox, bass and organ – yamaha dx reface

1 Like

made something new.

4 Likes

more new stuff.

more-er-er…

Is this all op1? No extra stuff from a DAW? Great stuff man

@I3.rian - thanks, and yes all the tracks I’ve posted to this thread are tracked out, mixed and recorded to album on OP-1. I don’t use a DAW or any other post processing on them.

in some cases, I have used the OP-1 Drum Utility to make drum kits from drum sample packs. otherwise I sample directly into the device, almost exclusively from vinyl records…and when not from vinyl, it is usually from the built in radio.

i have other tracks I’ve made using Maschine, but don’t usually post those anywhere.