OP-Z External Input

I previously ordered a very similar cable, and it definitely doesn’t work:

I use a stereo-cable to connect the kastle to the splitter’s mic-input.

Ahh I see. This is actually probably the important part.

If you connect a mono cable into the splitter, the connector within the splitter is going to be picking up the wrong part of the jack.

With the Apple headset, hitting that button on it probably just allows the sleeve in the TRRS connection to pass through tot he TRRS connector.

I’ll experiment when I get my splitter in the mail tomorrow but now I suspect that all is well.

1 Like

Do we mean stereo cables (TRS) or TRRS?

This will inject a proprietary signal, you may read about it above. It seems like the OP-Z may require that signal, but a definitive answer is still up in the air.

I just tried several adapters with a stereo cable and it made no difference.

I wonder if there is a hardware issue. My OP-Z is the original version with the old button icons. Are other people experiencing problems using that first release?

My „setup“ looks like this. The splitter I mentioned goes into the OP-Z, the yellow cable (cheap 1/8-Inch Stereo aux cable) to whatever external signal you like (probably NOT a stereo signal since only one channel will be sent through, I guess).

Did it again two minutes ago to be sure I‘m not telling lies :wink: and it worked again.

Do we mean stereo cables (TRS) or TRRS?

Apple propriety-ness notwithstanding, I think it shouldn’t matter as far as the connection goes.

I don’t think you’re lying, but here’s a photo of my adapters that don’t work.

This doesn’t include my Bose headset. It seems fishy that some of us can’t get it working under any circumstance, and I’m beginning to wonder if it’s a hardware issue.

2 Likes

Perhaps I have just been lucky with the wiring of my splitter cable, if there really are different varieties :-/ I also don’t get, why this is not completely documented, like e.g. the wiring of oplabmodule‘s MIDI-cable. Then we would not have to be fishing in the dark.

1 Like

Because this is TE. Anyone who suffered with trying to get a power adapter for the PO-400 understands this all too well. They’re completely absent when it comes to support or listening to the community.

3 Likes

For a moment, I forgot :joy:

1 Like

Ok. I ordered one, and it should arrive tomorrow.

I know there is different wiring for headphone/mic headsets for Apple and Android. Maybe this one is iPhone compatible.

Between this and the picky USB-C hub support, the OP-Z is getting expensive!

I got my fingers crossed for you :crossed_fingers:

Here’s a link on US Amazon for people stateside:

Hope this actually works.

1 Like

If it does not, I have no clue what else you could try

I just ordered that one too based on this. Will get it on Sat.

1 Like

would you mind to make a lil video with your setup?

btw. is it somehow possible for you to test different routings and especially the monitoring functions over USB? at least your cable is the only one that’s working so we may have a chance to grab the Audio coming over USB!

i do Trust you aswell but wanna ask if you haven’t accidentally recorded something with the MIC instead of the Splitter? :innocent::fire:

I can do a simple video tomorrow but don’t have the equipment to speak over it or something. Since the instruments I sampled don’t have a speaker, which the mic could have picked up, I’m absolutely sure it simply worked, as mentioned :wink:

1 Like

My adapter cable arrived, and it doesn’t work at all. It’s the exact same one you listed – I clicked the link you posted here. Nothing!

Back to square one…