OP-Z Line Module šŸ”„

Great. Another OP-Z thread devolves into moaning about price. Maybe we can move on to double trigs, bending, and/or encoder pop-out now?

4 Likes

We are not moaning, there seems to be an error on the invoicing and in the UK we are being charged 35% extra for no reasonā€¦

In saying that, I have to say that i am loving this module! It opens up so many more possibilities in using the OP-z as the centrepiece of any setup! If this was just embedded in the op-z at the off (back in 2018), the op-z would have been successful on a completely different level

Sorry, but I think warning people that they may mistakenly be overcharged by a courier service has nothing to do with the price of TE equipment.

Trying to save fellow users this same issue is I believe that is what good community is about.

2 Likes

Fair enough. But wouldnā€™t it be a good idea to start a thread just for that subject?

1 Like

cool to see this samplingā€¦

1 Like

Fair enough, had not considered that. The benefit of putting it in this thread is anyone subscribed would get a notification, but I understand we donā€™t want negativity piling up.

To put out a positive vibe I will say the line module is THE module to get for op-z! It is fantastic. It is really easy to use, very flexible/capable, creative and really opens up the op-z.

Edit: I will also add you can use it with DigDugDIYā€™s splitter so you have 1 input on the line module and 1 input on the splitter to blend two synths into the op-z!

3 Likes

I also used it with DigDugDIYā€™s splitter, and itā€™s fantastic to have all that routing. I also have it hooked up to Ableton via USB. Iā€™m still trying to figure out all the possibilities

4 Likes

The OP-Z input jack and the USB input shared FX and LFO, is the Line module input the same?

I think they all use the Module trackā€™s LFO etc.

So pretty quite for a new module that was just releasedā€¦ Those that got it already, what do you think? How have you used it? Any reviews or thoughts? I thought after a year of nothing much happening this place might finally liven up but maybe notā€¦
I think it will be awesome to sample from stuff without fiddling with USB or the crappy microphoneā€¦

Youā€™ve always been able to sample via the built-in jack.

It is fantastic. I mentioned that above though. It feels very logical and powerful/creative.

I have used it in the following ways:

• Line in from droning granular synth

• Effects loop sending op-z synths to real-time granuliser (plus that loop can be effected by op-z effects)

• Midi control of synth coming into line in

• Midi control of two synths one coming into line in and the other through digdugdiy splitter

Yet to try:

• Sending op-z drums and synths out on two separate stereo or mutiple mono channels to a mixer

• Sampling from line in

I know they sold out quickly (and I consider myself lucky to have got one) but how many did they actually have to sell?

3 Likes

They are in stock right nowā€¦ I broke down and got one the next day. Lolā€¦

You might have always been able to sample from a audio source, but not without some kind of contraptionā€¦ I never bought one of those because I was waiting because I knew this would come at some pointā€¦ it kind of had to, and I didnā€™t want to buy something twice when I would rather have it integrated in the unit.

2 Likes

I put the op-1 synths and my pocket operators through the op-z to use the reverb and jam with all of them together.

Iā€™m loving it! It should have been the first module to come out

2 Likes

Lol. After watching the official video.,
Im wandering if TE will release its own 9v battery :joy:

Hey - did you get a refund from UPS? Iā€™m in same situation.

Are you in the UK?

I called UPS last week, I then had to email them my invoice. They are now referring it to HMRCā€¦

UPS have said HMRC can take up to 30 working days to approve, and then UPS process the refund which can take up to 4 weeks to appear in an account.

:expressionless:

Yeah - I am in Uk UPS taken my money and donā€™t deliver it yet!!! Will contact them tomorrow to follow up. Thanks for reply

1 Like

UPS responded to my email by asking someone else to help. Once I have some better information Iā€™ll post it here.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a tutorial I made of the new Line module! I check out the sampling, unboxing and a few other things that TE didnt really talk about in their video.

https://youtu.be/mjih353OGwE

(Sorry to Admin for posting this here as well as creating a new topic :see_no_evil:)

3 Likes