OP-Z Line Module šŸ”„

mine arrived and iā€™m about to test everythingā€¦a quick scan of the user guide helped me realize it will be even more useful than i thought if i use the trig option for gate sequencing external synths

iā€™m excited :slight_smile:

Thanks for the detailed video!

Is mono sampling a hardware restriction on the OP-Z? Given the ZM-4 supports stereo in, it seems odd you canā€™t sample in stereo :man_shrugging:?

Can stereo signal be sampled via usb audio?

1 Like

Both the OP-Z and OP-1 samplers are mono. I donā€™t think they will be changed.

1 Like

Is MIDI from the USB echoed / passed through the ZM-4 out ?

3 Likes

I received the line module and tested it as effect loop and midi-control synth/send back to line in scenario. It works great and really happy about it. But I have a bit of concern about durability - when I attach cables I can feel the module move inside the op-z, like it is not locked fully and if I open and see what happens when I insert the cable I can see there is a room on the bottom of the module and between op-z case where it can move. Anyone see this as well?

1 Like

To the owners of the device, does it ensure a proper pairing with the OP-1 now? I have always found it very difficult to combine both

The Line Module makes no difference to the MIDI connection, which is over USB. However, the latest update to the OP-Z improves the connection. Itā€™s rock solid for me now.

Also, the Line Module audio connections makes it really easy to use them together.

2 Likes

I saw this on a post in a facebook op-z group. I think the person who posted the video had an early batch of op-z. When did you get yours?

Nice, I will do the update

Yes, it doesnā€™t sit as tight as my rumble or oplab module, but it stays locked. Seems to be 1/10 mm shorter or something, no dealbreaker, still strage. I just put a tiny bit of folded paper inbetween the module and the op-z at the top to push it towards the bottom. Otherwise it lifted by backplate just a bit.
The contacts on the line module seem to be a bit ā€œlongerā€, so im pretty sure it wonā€™t loose connection.

1 Like

I am not sure but I think it is pretty new, I bought it in December, but in the local shop so donā€™t know how long it was there. I just wonder if people have similar experiences as the bend when you insert the cable is pretty noticeable.

I cant seem to get my line module working. I installed the update, followed the instructions in the manual, etcā€¦ I cant seem to get audio or midi in or out (yes the volume is up). Anyone run into something similar and found a solution?

Do you have LEDs doing something on startup? Also might sound as a really stupid question but are you sure that you plugins in the right connectors? When I had oplab module I initially was plugging in the wrong jacks as I turned the op-z and have not made this correction in my brain ahah, it is in-out-in-out from the top.

The leds on the line module donā€™t do anything everā€¦ canā€™t get them to.

The oplab module works fine, so maybe I just got a bunk oneā€¦The weird thing is that the line model shows up on the op-z app.

Worth it and shouldā€™ve been the first module imho

My main gripe has been stated prior to releaseā€¦i would prefer more audio ports but i guess thatā€™s what a TX-6 is for :smirk:

the settings for routing are pretty great and i easily setup a dream patch

cymbal seq set to trig output port
audio out sending two other sequences independently thru a splitter cable (kick ch panned left / snare panned right)

the external mixer adds enough gain to trigger voltage gate on my drum module

those simmons drum modules are rad af

2 Likes

It was the same for me. The module doesnā€™t fit well in my OP-Z while no issue with other modules. I used some Blue Tack to fix the issue (and to fix popping encoders as well).

I sell mine if youā€™re interested

Iā€™m curious about what is inside the line moduleā€¦ anyone brave enough to do a teardown?

1 Like

Thanks, I was easily able to send both back to TE for an exchange. My most recent op-z seemed to be one of better build quality, so I hope I donā€™t get one with issues as a replacement (my first one was bent like a banana + pop-out encoders so TE replaced under warranty). I will say TE has been really good about products under warranty in my experience.

1 Like