OP-Z Preorder is online

@punji said:
Hard to understand why they omitted the line-in, considering that the POs have it, same about sampling (PO-33). Maybe because of the dual domain thing (ie, playback directly from the iOS device to reduce lag)? But as ludicrousSpeed said, lets hope it comes in the future…

…but the 3,5mm jack has 4 poles which probably means that you can use it as input as well :slight_smile:

does anyone know which ios version is needed for the op-z app? like can i buy a very old iphone on ebay for 50 bucks and use it?

@klausklaerwerk said:
does anyone know which ios version is needed for the op-z app? like can i buy a very old iphone on ebay for 50 bucks and use it?

It would be nice frome TE to have such infos along with a pre order. I fear that an old iphone will not work. I only saw videos with the newer iphones.

Metal graphics ios devices

@KePHF said:
Metal graphics ios devices

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/DeviceInformation/Reference/iOSDeviceCompatibility/HardwareGPUInformation/HardwareGPUInformation.html

I’d completely forgotten about the dual domain synthesis thing. I assumed there must be some special features it had like CV out or something that made it worth the price. But without the modules it is basically a $600 controller for an iOS app. I mean I guess you can use it without your phone so it’s not just a controller, but since everyone carries their phone everywhere…

At ludicrouSpeed, I use ‘websdr’ to get radio, every bandwidth available via iOS safari browser.Dont follow the page prompt to switch to mobile version. Find something you want to sample, then use the ‘record’ button in the radio controls area, below the Waterfall (? if this sounds like a drug experience, it isn’t) once you stop recording, save .wav file to your device or iCloud folder, import into whatever music app you use.

@Muhr said:

@punji said:
Hard to understand why they omitted the line-in, considering that the POs have it, same about sampling (PO-33). Maybe because of the dual domain thing (ie, playback directly from the iOS device to reduce lag)? But as ludicrousSpeed said, lets hope it comes in the future…

…but the 3,5mm jack has 4 poles which probably means that you can use it as input as well :slight_smile:

A few of us thought the same thing, but every single mention of sampling has (at this point, I’d say definitely intentionally) talked about only importing, and that it’s the same format as op1… Which actually seems to imply it’s almost definitely mono sampling… I think it’s actually been specified here and there that there is no sample recording, only importing, but I can’t remember that clearly. I’m pretty sure there has been no specific mention of future sampling on the device. I’m definitely crossing my fingers tho.

I can imagine that a physical sampling module will be released later with four inputs or so.

@ludicrouSpeed said:

@Muhr said:

@punji said:

A few of us thought the same thing, but every single mention of sampling has (at this point, I’d say definitely intentionally) talked about only importing, and that it’s the same format as op1… Which actually seems to imply it’s almost definitely mono sampling… I think it’s actually been specified here and there that there is no sample recording, only importing, but I can’t remember that clearly. I’m pretty sure there has been no specific mention of future sampling on the device. I’m definitely crossing my fingers tho.

Yeah I’ve heard that too, maybe they plan to integrate sampling function in future updates. Still, there must be a reason for putting a 4 pole jack on it. In addition to that I believe that there’s gonna be a ‘mixer’ component/cartridge that gives say 4 ins or 4 outs. At least that would be cool…

w/ everything that has happened i think its odd that they are selling it now but still can’t publish all the deets

Yeah. My wait is not over, not until I read the manual…

A few youtubers have suggested 3rd party synth patches and effects. Maybe the sounds it can make are more diverse than all the bleeps and bloops we’ve heard? Let’s hope so!

Yeah i feel like I need to hear more…every clip sounds like bleeps and bloops. Really hoping that we get some good examples to listen to once people have them in-hand. Would love to see the manual as well…

@p0k said:
Yeah i feel like I need to hear more…every clip sounds like bleeps and bloops. Really hoping that we get some good examples to listen to once people have them in-hand. Would love to see the manual as well…

I’ll be putting out a lil ep in a couple weeks. TE gave me the ok to put out recordings :smiley:

So just sample import?

@punji said:
But it has been confirmed that you can’t sample…

In case anyone was wondering, I talked to my guy at Sweetwater, and I inquired about the Leather Case. Apparently TE is selling them for 129$

“The cows have just been born, so the cases will be late”. I can hear the excuses now :wink:

@ludicrouSpeed said:

@punji said:
But it has been confirmed that you can’t sample…

Yeah… ? For all it’s goodness, it seems arbitrary to not include that instant sampling goodness. Seems like all the capabilities are there hardware-wise. I’d settle for import from iOS, or transfer direct from op1… My cynical side says the reason is that sampling will be a hardware expansion… But seems like a cash grab, cause the jack is trrs, + it has a mic built in…

Yes, I don’t understand either, if there is TRRS which has microphone input capability… what the hell is that potential input good for?
To echo a lot of others’ gripes, I was REALLY hoping to see more information announced with the official release ‘wait is over’ notification, like actual documented tech specs and/or a manual so we can all see what we all (might) be getting (eventually, at some stage in the future, when we finish writing for the wait after the wait is over wait) :smiley: :#

@boe_dye said:
In case anyone was wondering, I talked to my guy at Sweetwater, and I inquired about the Leather Case. Apparently TE is selling them for 129$

I’d expected as much. I think if we all asked @Nerdvous nicely, he might be interested in organising a group price for some 3d printed cases. He does EXCELLENT work. See his fantasy mansion cases for evidence. The leather looks flossy AF, but I don’t think I’ll splurge right now. Any chance of this, nerdvous? No pressure.