OP-Z SPECS AND INFORMATION AT ALL!!

As for unknown features, it would be outstanding if it could transfer live audio tracks to a daw via usb (let’s keep dreaming).

I was very sceptical about the OPZ, but right now it looks very interesting.
I hope they take the time till September to make an Android version of all the video stuff, because I wont buy an OPZ without the videofunction and I won’t buy an apple product because of the OPZ.

Still plenty of time to change it’s shell colour

At first I thought that it’s sad, that it doesnt have any direct connectivity with OP-1, but now I see that you can incorporate it nicely into op-1 setup, whats important: for live perfomances. Use OP-1 for melodic and synth loops, use OP-Z for drum sequencing and some drum jamming. I recently thought that its damn annoying to make drum variations on OP-1, so i think this this will make nice addition to the familty.

upd1: and i dont think, it would have additional outs except for USB Type-C and Audio-jack. You can stream video and midi via usb type-c with no major problem. I think we should expect something like op-lab 2, with some audio\video-routing capabilities.

I’m a bit confused with this op-z, which don’t seem to be a sequel to the op 1.
Shame I just pulled the trigger on an op 1…

But if there is no connectors on the back, i don't know how it could sequence external gear without a pc (or via another usb device?).

Bluetooth MIDI ? Or USB to DIN adapter ?

CB

2 of the 16 tracks are sampler and cv/trig so they’d need an input jack as well as a cv out and a trig out. Unless they put that stuff in a USB dongle.

Apparently those extra outs were just on the Instagram photo and not the prototype shown at NAMM.

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 8.33.45 AM

Seeing "ape-tape" makes me excited to see what the final graphics will be like. I love the aesthetic of the OP-1 screens. Maybe they will change it up for the OP-Z, though. Shame there are no pics of the current prototype from the back to see if those ports are still there.

Also, "It will definitely be cheaper than the OP-1, that much we know....buuuuut.......yeah, we will wait to give more details" makes me feel like the "but" means "but not too much cheaper." Based on what others are releasing and price points at NAMM, it feels like $500-600 is more reasonable than $300 :-(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUtR55UoieY

At the end of the new video, about the ios limitation, he says : “in the future, we definitely want to do more plateforms”.

huzzah!

Ok, I give them time until September ; )

Ok, I give them time until September ; )

in the year 2525?

“Some machiiine’s doing that for you”.

at the bottom of the OPZ preview page in all Caps.

NOTE ALL SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

The idea of using the app to create a custom controller (demoed by Jonas in the sonic state vid @ around 5 min) looks really cool! Reminds me of Beatsurfing for iPad. I used Beatsurfing with the OP-1 to make special sliders that controlled the encoders via midi. You could touch the top of the slider and the value would automatically climb to where you touched at whatever rate you chose. Stuff like this makes the app integration really exciting. And no extra MIDI USB host needed!

https://youtu.be/euuIJQHun1s?t=5m

I just wish they’d release a video where they show how to actually MAKE MUSIC with this thing, especially without an iPad attached to it.

At the moment they are too much concentrating on the video animation aspect of it.

But I guess later this year, we will see more footage about this…

Cuckoo to the rescue…! :wink:

I just wish they'd release a video where they show how to actually MAKE MUSIC with this thing, especially without an iPad attached to it.

1:07-1:55 in that NAMM video, when he says “you can definitely use it without the screen as well” on the back of showing all that UI in the iOS app. I’m thinking “yeah, right”.

I just wish they'd release a video where they show how to actually MAKE MUSIC with this thing, especially without an iPad attached to it.

1:07-1:55 in that NAMM video, when he says “you can definitely use it without the screen as well” on the back of showing all that UI in the iOS app. I’m thinking “yeah, right”.

If you can use a pocket operator without looking at the screen you can use the opz. I played with the original version at NAMM last year. Select the track, punch in steps or live record, turn the knobs, etc. The tempo on other info will be displayed by the number keys

Here you can see both the back buttons and the back inputs of the OP-Z.
Skärmavbild 2017-01-12 kl. 17.01.20

Interesting, but who was phone?

If you can use a pocket operator without looking at the screen you can use the opz. I played with the original version at NAMM last year. Select the track, punch in steps or live record, turn the knobs, etc. The tempo on other info will be displayed by the number keys

yeah seems obvious to me. should be plenty usable w/o screen