OP-Z SPECS AND INFORMATION AT ALL!!

That yellow thing looks like a dummy connector… a small hole closed at the bottom? Why they would not allow Cuckoo to show it?

yeah. i feel like i remember one of the te guys doing the whole "don't quote me on this" thing and saying around $300.

it's not something i completely pulled out of thin air because i originally thought it'd cost much more.

but in comparison to the op-1 this is plastic and not aerospace grade aluminum. no screen and only one pressure sensitive switch.

i guess we'll see

What’s the pressure sensitive switch?

@LudicrouSpeed Pitch bend.

CB

Interesting, but who was phone?

True! Now we know that it works as phone as well. Interesting…

I’d love to get my hands on the animation tool. Professional interest and what not…

Cheaper than the OP-1 !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QnLnTV1fAg

Yay, at last a video that records the line out of the OP-Z. =)

It hits me every time just how small and compact the OP-Z is!
Gorgeous.
If it was a biscuit you wouldn’t have to nibble one edge to dunk it in your mug of coffee!

Here’s the back panel:

source: http://icon.jp/archives/13789
A few more shots. Not sure what those 4 holes are. But wouldn't they be labelled on the top, rear or bottom if they were interfaces? They seemingly changed in colour during evolution (also the buttons have evolved to feature tactile identifiers). Also pictured is the 3.5mm side jack for comparison.

CB

Namm2016_1Day_B_16

Namm2016_1Day_B_43

Namm2016_1Day_B_44
teenage-engineering-op-z-7
teenage-engineering-op-z-6

To me, the whole “don’t film the back of it” and “we want to wait to release more details on that” has always felt more like “we don’t really want to commit to these features being there quite yet.” I really hope they work to integrate CV as mentioned in the spec sheet. I could do without any of the video creation and light control features – but recognize that there are plenty of others that would go for that. In the end, if there is more emphasis on the video stuff and the synth features are lacking, on top of it pushing much above the $300 mark, I think this one might not be for me. Would love to be wrong though, because visually the thing looks so cool!

with iOS only, I’m out. But I still think it’s an amazing little device.
And yeah, of course they want to cover their backs instead of promising the world and not deliver (anybody heard of “No Man’s Sky”?)

wow, finally a decent video not focusing on the graphics aspect so much, that APE TAPE looks so good @spacetravelmadeeasy .

Still want to hear more using the sound engine, maybe that is covered in some older videos.
Custom interface using toolkit is neat, sorta like lemur controllers.

Define “quite a bit cheaper than the OP-1” ? haha.

with iOS only, I'm out. But I still think it's an amazing little device.
And yeah, of course they want to cover their backs instead of promising the world and not deliver (anybody heard of "No Man's Sky"?)
Yea that's why they say all specs are subject to change as well. Also I think the OPZ The had linked to the DMX lights were hooked to that MacBook in the BG of most vids.
yeah. i feel like i remember one of the te guys doing the whole "don't quote me on this" thing and saying around $300.

it's not something i completely pulled out of thin air because i originally thought it'd cost much more.

but in comparison to the op-1 this is plastic and not aerospace grade aluminum. no screen and only one pressure sensitive switch.

i guess we'll see

What’s the pressure sensitive switch?

the pitch bend button. i’m 99% sure i read/saw/heard somewhere last week that the pitch bend button is pressure sensitive

there’d be even more win if the yellow outs could be switched to CV out :wink:

Yeah 4 dedicated CV / midi in - outs would be dope.

Cost wise how much can they shave off the OP-1? I mean the OP-1 is a very premium product. The OP-Z has a watered down aesthetic spec with a hard plastic case in lieu of milled aluminium housing, no display just LEDs in lieu of an OLED screen and circuitry, the battery spec is probably a wash. Seemingly they will generate further sales from accessories, and in app visual content purchase packs through app stores and the like etc.
$450 to $499 ?

Here’s hoping for less though. Man, I wish they brought it out sooner than September.

Anyone notice this in Cuckoos OP-Z production preview video 1?

@ 1min 51secs

OP-1 keyboard layout for working in a 16 step sequencer mode with the OP-Z!!!

David says, "Custom, compatible with the OP-Z"
Not sure if this will mean much come September, but yeah, glad they are exploring all avenues to connect the OP-1.

my guess is this is/was for pre-prototype development.
Before you have actual hardware you want people to be able to get busy in writing the first pieces of software.
Since OP-Z is also a blackfin, it’s quite possible to get started and move the code over to the new hardware later

I’ll be quite surprised if the price will be under $600. Some PO/OP-1 specific functionality would be great, and an additional selling point for the not-iOS crowd.