OP1 field dimensions and bags

Yes I can confirm

1 Like

I can confirm OP-1 field fits in the Unit Portables case, but it also has the issue with the new power switch, and the device could turn on accidentally.

3 Likes

the 6mm wider is probably the power button itself otherwise i don’t think the decksaver for the og op-1 would fit the field as it does

3 Likes

WHat about these : Best Magic Keyboard Sleeve Case 2022 | WaterField Designs

Actually the Steam deck would be great fit for OP1F

SF Bags were with me for over 20 years and I can vote for their absolute perfect top notch finish and materials.

3 Likes

The city slicker case for the the steam deck looks👌

Looks great - have u got one ? Could you do some pics with op-1 in it?

If you were replying to me I do not have either the op1f or that case

I tried it (successfully) so you may find this interesting:

And if you were replying to me I do not have both either . . .but will soon hopefully and will report back :wink:

2 Likes

I ordered one of these and it arrived today. Fits the OP-1f nicely. The inside pouch has a nice felted / fur lining and there is a pouch inside that which can hold an iPhone / battery pack / headphones. The outside has another pouch which is perfect for cables and other stuff.

My Decksaver arrives on Friday so I’ll be able to say if it fits with that attached - I’m fairly sure it will, there is some room to spare currently.

Thank you so much for feedback. Got one in the basket. Glad the dimensions are ok. Could this fit the TX -6 as well on the outside?

I don’t own a TX-6 but I found an external HD that is similar in dimensions.

I don’t think it would fit in the outer pocket though (even without the OP-1). However, I wouldn’t suggest that’s a good spot as it’s not padded at all (best for cables).

Good news though, the HD fits in the inside pocket (which is padded and felted). I don’t know if it would still fit with a Decksaver on the OP-1 but there is some room to spare so maybe it would… I can let you know once it arrives.

1 Like

Can u take some pics?!

Here are some pics of the case with the OP-1 inside.

(Showing that there is no room above the zip on the outer pocket).

And open & closed with a placeholder TX-6 with the dimensions: 110mm x 84mm x 17mm.

3 Likes

Playing with this combo a bit more, I just inserted the OP-1f with the knobs at the bottom facing the inner pocket. This maximises the available space as the knobs fit under the padded inner pocket and so the pocket acts as additional protection. It compresses the size noticeable. I think it would fit an OP-1f, Decksaver and TX-6 (plus cables in the outer pocket).

To be honest though, the case is so well padded that I don’t think you would even need to use a Decksaver with it.

3 Likes

there was someone either in this thread or a separate thread that said that the meme antenna case turned on their op1f… but i haven’t had any issues at all with it. i wiggled some of the cushioning down with my thumb near the power switch and haven’t had any issue at all. anyways, i have two of the meme antenna cases, one for the og op1 and one for the op1f and it seems to be just fine for both, and well made, and inexpensive. just sayin

1 Like

Awesome - i ordered one based on your pics - very helpful.

1 Like

I found the bag too tight also, but here’s a solution: if you put the field with the cardboard “decksaver” just one time into the bag (it will be hard to get in and hard to get out), it stretches it just enough so that the field by itself will slide in and out just right.

7 Likes

I don’t have any problem with the Field Bag. Was definitely snug at first but loosening the Velcro straps on the back helped, and it’s seems to be stretching with time. Can keep my connectivity cables and a pair of Apple wired headphones in pouch comfortable as well. They peak out a little but it looks cool.

The Champion Stealth Sling Bag works great for the op1 field if you also want to bring along the op-z, tx-6, pocket operators, cables etc. it’s only 18 bucks on amazon right now. The foam box that ships with the op1f fits nicely inside too with lots of space to spare.

1 Like