OP1 field dimensions and bags

do you think OP1 + OP1f, each with case, would fit in here? already have field bag, thinking abut picking up this + the MeMe case for original

I think the Meme case would fit. I used to have it so I got a good idea of the size. It might be a little snug but here are some pics that might give a good idea. The op1f field bag would go in front pocket and the MeMe case in the back. I could probably fit two foam cases in the back pocket.

1 Like

fantastic - can tell from your pictures the bag is expansible, this should fit like a glove. thanks again!!

I’ve been using a Decksaver for OP-1 with an elastic (the OG one) and it works best! I’ve even tried sandwiching the OP-1 field with 2 decksavers but it would need a little burring on the decksaver at the bottom (because of the switch), but if you use a single Decksaver on top it works like a charm.
For a carry bag, i like best my Bellroy Venture 9L bag. It has plenty of room for the OP-1 and the TX6 and many dongles or accessories (see pics). These bags are really well made and also water resist to protect your gear :wink:
Cheers!!

1 Like

I got the Decksaver today. The OP-1f with Decksaver fits comfortably into the bag.

Off-topic: I’m a little bummed that the Decksaver does not neatly fit onto the OP-1f when it’s jacked up with audio cables. It clearly doesn’t fit.

I shaved off a little bit off the decksaver using a file, so I can keep i plugged in. Worked well, without destroying the decksaver.

4 Likes

Agree, i also notched out my decksaver for audio in, out and usb, worked like a chime!

Cheers,
psound74

1 Like

Thanks @HOLY & @psound74 - this sounds like I might be able to do this using my just above basic handywork skills… maybe it’s a good excuse for me to finally get a Dremmel… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

i used electricians scissors and a cable splicing knife, then filed the edge. It didn’t take that long to do it by hand!

Happy notching!
psound74

2 Likes

Happy to report this Champion bag fits like a glove with both OG in the soft shell MeMe case and Field in its Field Bag, with plenty of room for connecting cables, chargers, and other knick knacks. Thanks for the recommendation. Perfect “field kit.”

2 Likes

It works very well as I expected

2 Likes

interesting! how is the leather wrap working for you?

Can’t help but feel like $250 for a leather wrap that looks really nice, just to go in an Analog Case is kinda a buzz kill.

1 Like

Yes, I could have gone for a decksaver instead as I use the leather wrap mainly to prevent dust to go within the keys. The analog case - owned from the OG - is used when commuting with the field in the backpack.

In terms of design, the leather wrap has a major flaw as the articulation between front and back is on the low side of the field so you can’t just open the wrap and use it as a stand as advertised in this picture:

For that you need to change the position of the field before and place it the other way around (articulation in the up side), which takes at least 5 seconds in my case (as the velcro are used) but with experience it should be faster.

Other than that, the design is nice for when you just want to protect the field from dust when sit on the desk. And it uses the velcro to stay in place on the field. I plan to keep the field for the next ten years so I am happy to have this leather wrap that adds dust protection and premium feel. Yet I don’t recommend it as a decksaver is less expensive and more efficient to protect the device.

3 Likes

I also have the leather wrap for the OP-1F and I’m happy with it. I like the design and the quality of the material, and it protect the OP-1 from the dust but that’s pretty much it. Beware if you plan to use it as a stand like on the picture above, because I think that the leather and the suede on the inside will deteriorate faster over time each time it’s being folded.

1 Like

Good to know, thank you

Is someone able to confirm that the original Analog Cases Glide case for the OP-1 fits the Field properly? Having trouble finding confirmation of that. Thanks!

Yes it fits

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cf_KSU6DkHl/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

3 Likes

Maybe covers like this from this store WaveTable - Etsy Polska

2 Likes