OP1 Field tracks

This is my latest on the Field, I’m new to it so still learning the ropes. Especially getting the mix right is tricky, I seem to miss cutting out some of the higher frequencies and the tone gets kinda harsh. If I’d wish for just one more thing on the Field, that’d be individual EQ on each tape track. That’d be quite something.

Anyway -

5 Likes

i love the “kind of” granular sounds spreading all around.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: that’s resampling from some Chase Bliss gear in full swing :slight_smile:

1 Like

why not?

2 Likes

Which Chase Bliss? Mood… Habit…?

1 Like

This time, I think it was the Habit only. I tend to mix and match a lot between Mood, Habit and Blooper, and then from time to time, throw in a CXM as well.

Got the Generation Loss MKII incoming, which I imagine I’ll be using a lot. It’s stereo too, which is just beautiful for the Field.

1 Like

Another one, this made only with the OP-1, field recordings made with the onboard microphone and some processing with the new Chase Bliss Generation Loss MKII -

1 Like

I made a recording, or two. or four…

1 Like

which field are you in?

2 Likes

A little something - recorded voices and conversations I heard throughout the day, threw in some textures on that, ran a few of the tracks through a Chase Bliss Mood and back into the Field again, and here we are -

1 Like

And another one - extensive used of different tape fx here on the Field, resampling the results from the various tapes into the sampler engine and then back onto studio tape for final results. After that, multiple takes through a couple of different Chase Bliss pedals, and here we are -

1 Like

Somehow Phase synth engine sounds completely different from original OP-1. Have you noticed that?

5 Likes

Here’s another collection of short drones I put together using only the OP-1 Field.

The fun thing about this one is that I did the sound design, laid down the tape, and all three tracks are the same tape, just with different mastering effects and played at different speeds.

2 Likes

After few years on the Z I’m discovering the Field. A new logic to get in and a lot of fun.

3 Likes

This is great!!

1 Like

just drums + field instruments.

1 Like

Little jam using sounds of the Field Cassette sound pack

2 Likes

Quick live playing cover of the Severance TV theme using sounds from my Nord.

OP-1 works so well for this sort of thing. Just held record just before each bit to “punch in” released record afterwards.

This tune has been in my head a lot lately, should make an OP-1 Field only version using sounds / samples on device.

2 Likes

Hopefully someday we get 4 audio tracks from OP1f to TX6 (over usb) :pray:

@ytro.music shared a post on Instagram: "💿 Working on a new house track... 
📼 Soon on YouTube (lnkinbio) 

#op1andchill #op1teenageengineering #op1 #op1field #lofi #lofihouse #housemusic #house #tx6 #live #dawless #synth". Follow their account to...

Finally jumped on this train and am enjoying it a ton so far. Here’s my first foray into the OP1 Field space:

4 Likes