OP1 Field tracks

here’s a couple that have come together somehow.

1 Like

is this leading anywhere?

1 Like

Had a go at sampling the OP-1f into the latest update of Drambo yesterday and thought I’d share here:

You can grab the project file from the YouTube description if you like the sound of the piece.

Drums are provided by PlayBeat3 with OP-1f accompanying percussion and grit elements. All other sounds are OP-1f synths captured in FlexiSampler in Drambo.

1 Like

measure left. then measure right. hey now!

The things one can do on a Four Flight from Texas to California. Wow. How i love this instrument:

4 Likes

I did a track using only the Field, trying to get as close as I could to my Chase Bliss shenanigans without actually using any of my external kits. So this one’s Field only. I used a few different techniques, such as recording to the onboard vinyl player, recording it back to tape at different pitches, varying playback speed and direction on some tracks while resampling them and allow others to run completely linear, for contrast. And some other stuff.

For final flavour, I recorded into the TX-6 with delay on the first slot for added stereo depth and live tweaked its second fx slot for vibrato moving in and out, while applying live looping and tape wobble on the Field playback.

The result is as follows -

taking another swig with this track.

1 Like

I did another experiment, this time with only Prophet 12 patches, not using the Field’s synths or samplers, just as a recording, mixing and performing device with fx and stuff. There’s no denying the Field can’t touch the movement and depth of a flesh and blood analogue synth. But you can also tell, the onboard synths on the Field (which is not used in this track) is kind of wider, deeper, into their own inherent sound.

Anyway - this is all Prophet 12, through the Field, recorded on a TX-6 with lots and lots of live tweaks on both the Field and the TX while performing the track -

I did a little experiment where I recorded one loop multiple times with the album feature, at different pitches, different lengths and even different tapes.

I then merged all of this together into a new track, and from that track I then resampled bits of it through a set of Chase Bliss units, and created those as layers to surround the original recording.

Since all parts shift in pitch as well as speed and direction, yet all come from the same source, they all stay in harmony and scale but runs in parallell, creating sort of a … well, I don’t know, actually :slight_smile: you tell me :slight_smile: -

2 Likes

Did this a month ago the day the vocoder update came out. Thought I’d posted it here but obviously I didn’t. :man_shrugging:

I just created an ambient track with OP-1 Field and some other synths of my studio.

2 Likes

After some technical issues I manage to re-assemble this track. Happy to share it with you.

2 Likes

feeling somewhere between here and there in my field. note to self, continue pursuing

1 Like

I wrote this one while I watched over my son who’s sleeping through a fever. Only Field, using album to mix down final version -

3 Likes

not sure what to say about some tracks. I guess, here this one is.

1 Like

Another drone.

This one was done with the OP-1F, some Rephazer patches I purchased (thanks, @rephazer!) and fiddling with the OP-1F’s compressor on the master bus. Done in several passes, recorded to a Tascam DP-008EX.

2 Likes

Lovely. So soothing and warm.

1 Like

mysterious share. lol.

1 Like

Put this little thing together with the Chase Bliss Habit going into the Field. When these two guys get started, things just go south real quickly -

1 Like
2 Likes