op1.fun is a new site for sharing patches!

Anyone else getting a lot of “failed to create synth patch” errors from the files you download from here?

I was UNABLE to create a patch from this file:
https://op1.fun/users/neuorbison/patches/memorymoog-01

I WAS able to create a patch from this file:
https://op1.fun/users/shamaniaq/patches/bassoon

Anyone else or is my OP-1 broken beyond repair, forcing me to give up on life?
Anyone else getting a lot of "failed to create synth patch" errors from the files you download from here?

Uh oh! I’ve only tested a handful but haven’t come across issues yet. I will try those patches this weekend. Anyone else - please let me know if you are experiencing the same!

Hey @dustmason, here are 3 PO-32 tonic patches.

:slight_smile:

That design tho

@dustmason, it could be because the OP-1 only allows a certain number of sampler patches. I had to be selective of which ones I wanted to load and keep.

According to the READ ME file that came with Cuckoo’s C-Mix patches:

The OP-1 has limits to how many patches it can hold at a time:

Max Synth Sampler patches = 42

Max Synth Synthesis patches = 100

Max Drum Patches = 42

I’ve cleared some to try out that they and I didn’t get any farther. Can anyone confirm their attempts with the file I found not working above? If others can get it to work, it has to be me.

nice website…

Dude. This site is incredible!!! Serious skills what a beautiful site design!!

I've cleared some to try out that they and I didn't get any farther. Can anyone confirm their attempts with the file I found not working above? If others can get it to work, it has to be me.

The Memory Moog patch loaded fine into my OP-1 but I did a full reset a month ago and cleared out a lot of patches.

Thanks for confirming. I will investigate. It’s possible I got too many patches from Cuckoo’s patreon and I miscounted.

Very awesome, you can tell a great deal of love has gone into this.

What a great project.

@dustmason:

how is it going to get a working preview for synth patches? That would be greatly helpful. As others have mentioned though, could be a use for a soundcloud preview.

@flyingace71 thanks for reminding me. i plan to add that this week. another thing i plan to add is the ability to embed op1.fun patches onto other sites, similar to how you can embed soundcloud tracks :slight_smile:

@flyingace71 thanks for reminding me. i plan to add that this week. another thing i plan to add is the ability to embed op1.fun patches onto other sites, similar to how you can embed soundcloud tracks :)

That will be awesomeness added to an already awesome site! Thanks for your hard work! I’d be happy to contribute some money to help with operating costs, I’m sure other would, too.

@flyingace71 Feature for adding a demo recording of synthesized patches is now live. Once you upload a patch file and the site determines that it is not a sampler or drum patch, you’ll see a form field for adding a demo recording on the edit page.

Same 4MB file size limit applies here. Meant to be a solo recording of patch, not a demo song.

Hope you find it useful!

On the subject of operating costs, thanks for the offer. I do want to find a way to make the site sustainable but am still weighing options.

I ended up having time to finish v1 of the patch embedding feature. Now you can share op1.fun patches directly on other sites, including this one! Use the share button on each patch detail page to get the code snippet you can paste.

EDIT: It looks like iframes are stripped on this forum. Would the admin like to allow them from op1.fun, perhaps?

What a gem! Brilliant work, @dustmason!

Great site, thank you very much ! :slight_smile:

However, where is voltage and Dsynth ?

@RedBear no one has uploaded any voltage or dsynth patches yet!

@dustmason

I’ll change this situation then :slight_smile: