op1.fun is a new site for sharing patches!

that really fills a void! excellent work. how about adding the option to sort/search for specific sound types like bass, pad, lead, sound fx, etc.?

@jack_hightower thats a good idea. just need to pick a good list of types. which would be useful besides lead, bass, pad, fx?

Great site. Thanks!!! :))

What about allowing patch submitters to associate any arbitrary tags with their patch. Then a group of common ones would evolve over time. You could present the existing ones to the user when they are uploading a patch so that they can choose from existing tags or add a new one. And you could add a tag filter somewhere. On some sites, they present the tag filter in different sized words with a larger word meaning more popular tag.

Arbitrary tags would be a big help once the site grows.

Hey who has admin access for the site so that we can post the patches from op1.fun? @dustmason asked to whitelist op1.fun on the previous page of the thread. @yoof, @dimi3, @KrisM?

Btw awesome work @dustmason!

@vehka thanks, I didn’t realize there were more admins. I had been discussing this in a private thread with @dimi. admins: I made a vanilla forums plugin to support the embedding of op1.fun patches securely. https://github.com/dustMason/MediatorOP1Fun. It would be great to get it installed here.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I think a few of us have permissions to approve account requests, but @dimi3’s the man for installing plugins on the server.

@dustmason, I’ve installed your plugin! Message me if you find issues.

https://op1.fun/users/theredbear/patches/8bit_trial

@foxxyz Excellent! looks great so far.

Everyone - simply include a URL for an op1.fun patch to see it rendered as above. Right now it works for patches only, soon it will start working for packs as well.

Amazing resource. This will make my OP-1 alot more .fun

Awesome !

You guys rule !!!

<span style=“font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;”>@<a href=“https://operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/3248/dustmason” class=“Username” style=“font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 15px; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration-line: none; color: rgb(66, 157, 168); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>dustmason<span style=“font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”> have you managed to do anything with PO-32 patches ?

@lyingdalai I reached out to Teenage Engineering and Magnus Lidström for more info. TE is graciously helping out with more info on OP-1 questions, but it sounds like any kind of parsing / generating PO-32 patches is out of the question just because the patch data audio encoding (modem) and encryption (yes, they are encrypted!) is very complicated.

That doesn’t mean the site can’t simply share them. It just means that all I can do is let people upload and download them as sound files. Maybe still worth it, what do you think?
@lyingdalai I reached out to Teenage Engineering and Magnus Lidström for more info. TE is graciously helping out with more info on OP-1 questions, but it sounds like any kind of parsing / generating PO-32 patches is out of the question just because the patch data audio encoding (modem) and encryption (yes, they are encrypted!) is very complicated.

That doesn't mean the site can't simply share them. It just means that all I can do is let people upload and download them as sound files. Maybe still worth it, what do you think?

I do think it’s worth it. But, the files include the patterns ain’t them? I understand there is no way to encode them independently?

@bichuelo sorry not sure what you mean. I’ve never used a PO-32 so not familiar with what data is included in the patches. What I meant by “sound files” above is simply a recording of the PO-32 playing the encoded modem signal it produces when you use the “send” feature. I think it does single presets and can also do a dump of all presets.

@bichuelo sorry not sure what you mean. I've never used a PO-32 so not familiar with what data is included in the patches. What I meant by "sound files" above is simply a recording of the PO-32 playing the encoded modem signal it produces when you use the "send" feature. I think it does single presets and can also do a dump of all presets.

Up to what I have tried, there is only one way to do it and it includes the 16 patters as well as the 16 sounds. Has anybody been able to send them individually?

You can perfectly send the sounds individually, Microtonic enables that.

If you record what PO-32 outputs, though, you’ll have both sounds and patterns.

Whatever, I think that sharing with a short recording (simplified Patternarium somehow) is already awesome :slight_smile:
Just be cool to have some room to specify the nb of sounds and patterns shared.

@lyingdalai @bichuelo ok I will plan to add PO-32 patch sharing to op1.fun at some point. But first, I have a couple other really cool OP-1 related features in the works that I think you’re going to like :slight_smile: In the meantime I need to somehow acquire a PO-32 :wink:

Yes indeed. You won’t be disappointed :smiley:
Sync PO series is easier with à Volca, I found.
But you can also do it with OP1 oc.

While working on a client tool for the op1.fun page i noticed that some patches fail to load on the OP-1.

I’m not sure if this because my OP-1 is running on latest 0218 firmware, but some of the patches have synth version of 1 instead of 2.

Anybody that could confirm that this could be the issue?

Awesome website ! Great job @dustmason
I’m gonna try to add some patches then :smiley: