Suggestions for TEENAGE ENGINEERING OP-Z

+1 for Chromatic mode for drum samples

2 Likes

Yeah, they really need to add this. Could be a total game-changer for me

But how could they do that? If I understand correcy, for the drum sampler the note keys select which sample to use. How would you select the pitch?

one way, you could press shift when selecting a sample to put it in chromatic mode for that sample

2 Likes

As much as I would want this feature, I doubt they would do itā€¦it goes completely against their system of using samples, which they used since the OP-1.

I am still praying for direct sampling. Implement that and it would ā€œkillā€ so many other groovebox type thingies out there.

1 Like

Chromatic is already possible indeed. Just select note shift plus green encoder.
On Op-1 it is also possible In sampler mode. In drumsampler mode it is not possible ofcourse because of the multisample.

1 Like

The pictures might be different in early ones, but the mean the same thing, is different than having no order at all.

Chromatic is already possible indeed. Just select note shift plus green encoder

Yeah, you could do it like thisā€¦ but I find it very tedious to record note variations.
Or I am missing somethingā€¦

Yeah you could do it by turning green encoder and change the pitch stepless/free. What I lack is the ability to change pitch in semitones.

To record. Push note and hold while recording and turn green for pich voila. Or am i missing something?
First put the track in loop mode. Push shift and hold turn blue cw. And adjust env.

Yeah internal resampling seems functionally possible

Would having the option to toggle shift help others? I know itā€™d help my workflow. Maybe press n hold for 3 secs or something.

3 Likes

Nice idea, I totally agree with you

A function to see how many mute group is engaged inside each pattern

• Obviously, sampling would be super cool (and I think itā€™s confirmed to be coming out sometime)

• I would love to be able to change the ā€œresolutionā€ in the sequencer to get more precise sampling for longer patterns. Basically to be able to ā€œzoom inā€ to the sequencer and be able to scroll through 16th notes in a pattern thatā€™s 4 measures long or something (this would allow a lot more complexity of notes and step components)
    This is probably the feature I want the most, and it seems like not many people are talking about it.

• More synth engines (one of the only major drawbacks from what Iā€™ve seen is the lack of synth engines/sounds)

• One small thing: Iā€™m not sure if this is possible or not, but Iā€™d like to be able to use the ARP track for a different purpose in songs where I donā€™t want arpeggios.

• Also, Iā€™m not sure if it can do odd time signatures (I just bought one and it hasnā€™t arrived yet), but that would be a major drawback (for me) if it canā€™t

4 Likes

Okay since the sampler hype train is comingā€¦

A sampler module with more sample time, a memory card, line input. A looper where the lengeth of the loop is set by assigning the number of bars in the loop like other tracks but on the module track. Time stretching if pattern bpm is changed :drooling_face:
Maybe I have been playing with the serato studio beta to much because now I want time stretching

~~~~ ____   |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|   |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
   Y_,___|[]|   | OP-Z SAMPLER HYPE TRAIN |   | ! SAMPLER MODULE !  |
  {|_|_|_|PU|_,_|_________________________|_,_|_____________________|
 //oo---OO=OO    OOO    OOO     OOO     OOO     OOO     OOO     OOO
4 Likes

this+

make it fast :slight_smile:

Yes a sampler / looper module with a SD card is the best thing I expect on the OP-Z

1 Like

That would be cool as long as you can still sample and do basic functions without it installed, I like having the oplab installed most of the time and donā€™t want to have to constantly switching them out all the timeā€¦

The OP-Z has 1GB flash memory, it does not need an SD cardā€¦