Tp-7

So this one includes an OP-Z, where I’m using the line module to route some stuff through a Chase Bliss Mood and record it all in multiple takes on the TP-7. After that, mixing on the TX-6 and some live scratching and down pitching on the TP-7 for final take -

And a photo, just because -

2 Likes

The textures on this one are incredible.
Glitches have never been so delicious.
Love it.

1 Like

Is this thing ever shipping to the US? Seems like three people have them and they’re all local to TE or were beta testers.

1 Like

Thank you, mate :slightly_smiling_face::heart::sunny:

1 Like

No, TE are actually holding them all for in person sales in Sweden only. Sorry :cry:

I’ve received my preordered TP-7 from B&H yesterday and tried it out for 20 minutes.

It was all really great, but the jog wheel made a noticeable clacking sound when rewinding (and, as I later noticed, also while recording). After a while, the little shiny cover in the center fell off. The jog wheel did not fall off, but since there is not obvious way to put the part back on permanently and even if there was, all this didn’t exactly give me a lot of confidence, it’s RMA o’clock.

(I’m the type of person who washes his hands before unboxing items like this, and I didn’t use any force on anything.)

To put it in perspective, this is my first TE RMA, and I have more synths from them than I care to admit :).

1 Like

Ugh! That’s rough- let’s hope they take care of it fast for you!!

1 Like

Anyone test the bluetooth midi capabilities yet? Couldn’t find info besides that it should exist. I want to use TP-7 as a controller w/ an iPhone.

1 Like

I’ve tried it but have no idea what it does. If anything, yet.

Thank you, it’s on the way now.

1 Like

Anybody tried routing the configurable output back to the input for some tape echo effects? I can’t wait to try it out.

1 Like

Just tried this. Just Larsen but no echo effect.
Would need to be able to add some delay on the output.

The TP-7 is ‘seen’ by my OP1-f but I didn’t find any use or function for the moment.

I’ve actually held off on my review for the TP-7 because there’s just too much going on here that seems like it’s more 0.9 than 1.0 in firmware.

It’s quite a lovely 0.9, tho, but even though one should get a device for what it does, not for what it might do next week, I still don’t see this being the intended basic functionality all in place.

2 Likes

I don’t know why, but I have a feeling that TE will enable additional functionality when linked to an OP-1f, and for some reason I cannot get it out of my head that they will enable something like 8 track recording with OP-1f or something like that.

Mine is getting delivered this Saturday, cannot wait. Def bought it for what it CAN do currently, but the possibilities of what they’re going to add to this definitely are something nice to “sprinkle” on top.

5 Likes

Thanks.
What do you mean with Larsen ?
And did you try it while recording and looping. Or is this not possible yet.
Edit. Ah Larsen means acoustic feedback. This is promising.

Can an individual with device in hand please confirm the tp-7 can serve as a 6 track usb audio interface for live (as opposed to pre recorded) audio?

i can test this tomorrow for you if you can describe in more detail what you mean? i don’t quite get what you want to do from what you wrote

Thanks! what I’m after is the ability/ease to use as an audio interface with a DAW. 6 mono in or 3 stereo ins, plus monitoring from the computer.

I was uncertain from the manual if it could send 6 channels live with low latency.

Reading more I do believe this is possible. Means if you only need 6 inputs and can control levels from the other devices, this device might be sufficient vs the tx6 mixer which I had planned on getting.

Update: and the tp7 runs up to 96 kHz vs tx 6 48!

1 Like