TX-6 mixer

People said the OP1 was way over-priced when it was released. I remember seeing all the comments on the forums at the time. Yet is still seems to sell well enough (and is a great product).

Price is very much dependant on how much the market is willing to pay. If the product fails or ends up being very discounted then it is over-priced.

Just because I dont think something is worth £1,200 doesnt mean it is over-priced - it just means it is more than I personally am willing to pay. There’s a huge difference. Saying something is only worth xxx amount is so subjective and people seem to forget that.

Of course all I have written above is my opinion only. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so spot on!

The synth and sequencer looks more like an easter egg to me, like the helicopter game on the OP-1… why would anybody want such a simplified function on a $1200 device?

3 Likes

Yeah agree with you.
Although for me it’s more - “Why would anyone want such a feature on a portable mixer?” I still feel the same about the helicopter game on my OP1 (in fact I had forgotten it even existed until I read your post :slight_smile: ).

But then again it wouldn’t be Teenage Engineering without a high price tag and some quirkiness.

Zoom R24 has drum pads. Maybe the designer liked it.

1 Like

this is funny because the synth feature is what tipped the scale for me and made tx6 an impulse buy :joy:

to each their own

i look forward to using op1 & opz as a sequencer so kinda see it as an expander sound module for em

Agreed, this is how i feel about plenty of gear. Not really overpriced just not for me

But i am guilty of assumptions about price as well (opz seems overpriced despite my love for it, same with elektron model series)

Thanks for explaining more cause i feel like i understand your point better. Most people online seem to agree so i’m probably wrong

TE has made design choices that drove up the cost but my sense is like…compared to other interfaces or digital mixers (eg. Blue Box) they are going out of their way to choose materials and create custom parts rather than adapting existing components into their planned design

I still dont see it as a scenario with equal effort and R&D costs for all these companies across the board where TE is artificially inflating the msrp beyond normal amount despite being able to meet a significantly lower figure

We can agree to disagree on that i guess

4 Likes

wait

what is spiritualized? a band?

It is. Just played back the first song on the new album and it’s great, indeed!

2 Likes

The 1010Music Bluebox can be powered by a Ripcord and a powerbank.
the current version is 1.1.2, 1010Music has updated it 6 times since the release 16 months ago
Does TE update their products, add new features with that frequency ?

I cannot fathom why TE decided they wanted to price it almost twice the cost.
It looks like a leftover effort from the Kanye West collaboration

I adore my OP-Z, and quite like the new Line out module. But I have a very hard time thinking I would give up the BlueBox for the TX-6.

Based on the release statement that this is part of an emerging product of field recording devices.
I would guess they will release a recorder that would compete with the Zoom HN4/Sony PCM-D10 ?

I think they could look into adding instrument(s) like a drum machine with velocity sensitive pads IMO

With MFi compatibility, doesn’t this mean that you can just use your iphone/ipad to record audio? It does seem to support 12 track audio recording via its USB-C interface…

1 Like

This is indeed my hope - it would be a killer feature for me.

no official word but that’s exactly what’s this seems to indicate

this photo shows only one track actively recording on a phone but hints at the possibility as well

on picture its just garageband. maybe this app is not even made for multiple inputs. i think you have to connect it to something like AUM.

1 Like

@elafargue yes exactly. Everyone that is saying “but 1010 BlOoBoX!!1!” Ignoring that being able to plug into GarageBand is potentially way more useful

New video

6 Likes

Smaller knob than OP-Z buttons…
It’s labeled “TX-7”. Is it a prototype?

Thank you for posting this although the result is that it has increased my lust for this object. Especially as it looks like it might fulfil the thing I have been looking for - a way of recording multiple channels simultaneously into my iPad-based DAW.

My girlfriend is already making disapproving noises.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a prototype. See video description.

1 Like

I believe there are a lot of mixers out there that let you do this.
Tascam Model 12 is half the price, for instance, and can record multitrack without a computer.

not without adapters

• To connect an iOS/iPadOS device that has a Lightning connector, a genuine Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (sold separately) is necessary.

like most mixers and alternatives being suggested, tascam model 12 is not portable and doesn’t really compare to the TX

1 Like