What Would You Want in an OP-ZF?

man I would love that, I parted with my OG Op-z a few weeks ago and don’t really regret it, but I would be a sucker for a field version.

1 Like

For it to exist

4 Likes

More than a price reduction, I see here a price hike after this promo (from 600 to 649 here in eu)

2 Likes

for fucksake

so they can move on and make the pocket operator field :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes
  1. Build quality improvements: fix double triggering and popping jog wheels

2. Multi-channel audio out over USB

3. A tiny screen to replace the color-coded led system

I’d pay the 2x field premium for all that.

2 Likes

Buttons that are easier to press, or better yet, respond to touch only.

2 Likes

a 15% off TE voucher for all customers who have previously bought an op-z and it warped.

7 Likes

Stereo.

Streaming.

FX in par with the OP-1 Field’s.

Then I’m good.

2 Likes

That’s my wishlist, right there.

1 Like
  • Chop-shop
  • Ability to record pitch-bend changes
  • Longer and optionnaly stereo sampling
  • Add vocoder / autotune effect
  • Export each track of a song separately as wav for external mix / mastering
1 Like
  • More sample storage & management
  • Exceptional build quality
  • Weatherproofing
3 Likes

Lights that you can actually see in daylight conditions.

1 Like

Personally, I would be careful not to overcomplicate the device. My main wish would be to have more reliable hardware that resolves the well-known issues with the current housing.

I would not change the form factor, because the functionality packed in the small form factor is very field friendly. I just can take it anywhere (e.g. making some music in the forest) or integrate it into existing setups (e.g. for jamming in a club environment with modular clocks or midi) without much hassle.

I am also not sure if I would integrate a screen. Sure, learning the interface takes some time, but why not? Once learned it is super fast and a screen would simply eat more resources, increase the price and decrease battery life. I like the minimalistic design.

Maybe some kind of looping functionality would be nice (think tape loop emulation that works on external and internal inputs).

Overall I am quite happy with the existing version but a more sturdy housing would make it more “field worthy” in my opinion. I would definately keep the module system. The IO modules are great and super useful. The sequencer interface with the separation of steps and keyboard is very ergonomic and marvelous. It is just a fun and useful device.

4 Likes

Actually, as said in this video:
The Field system is completed.

1 Like

Yes. No OP-Z Field. But maybe, just maybe, we might get an OP-ZX or OP-ZII etc. maybe they just won’t do the high price premium Field treatment, and keep a similar price point like their pocket operators and other products.

3 Likes

I was/am not convinced they would ever do an op-z field version.

It is still relatively new compared to op-1 and has quite a bad reputation to overcome to be sold at an even higher price point.

Of course it could just be marketing talk now and they release an op-zf in 2024.

@darwiniandude I’m more concerned that there won’t be anymore updates to op-z and the product is done.

If they have finished the field system then I wonder what the next chapter is for TE music products?

1 Like
  • micro SD
3 Likes

This is the field system:

The OP-1 field is not part of it. So we will have an OPZ field

1 Like

Well the op-1 field isn’t in the video so I wouldn’t base anything on this video alone

2 Likes

I think that the field system means only the 3 small recording/utility devices and not the instruments

5 Likes